Yes, I know, three weeks without blogging…
- The week of 16-22 Dec.
- My phone notes got a bit out of hand over the holiday time.
- I traveled ~2400km this week.
- Monday, woke up in Durban, road trip down the N2 with Georg (with some Black Keys, Pixies, Ben Harper and Depeche Mode), epic buffet breakfast, we stopped at the Nelson Mandela Museum in Qunu, Cinsta East, Cinsta Bay, table tennis, beach walk, swim, partied with a pretty crazy tennis coach from Holland (Flo) and four German girls (volunteer workers ranging in age from 18 to 23).
“Your dad is 3 years older than me?” — Georg to the blonde girl.
“Easy, guys… I put my pants on just like the rest of you — one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records.” — THE Bruce Dickinson, More Cowbell.
“Dis alles snaaks tot iemand huil, en dit was amper ek.” — how Georg woke me up on Tuesday morning.
- Tuesday, woke up at Buccanneers Backpackers, had to do some work, breakfast with an awesome view of the river mouth – with the German girls, beach walk, braai.
- I’ve developed a thing for marmalade. Orange marmalade. Yum.
“Be gay on your own time.” — Georg
“Startups that use technology to disrupt existing, profitable business models and can scale fast.”
- Wednesday, woke up in Cintsa, drove to Grahamstown, lunch at Kenton on Sea, Jbay beach, shell shop visit, fish and chips, watched about 10min of Hanibal before falling asleep.
- Thursday, woke up in Jbay, big guesthouse breakfast, Jbay factory shops, Tsitsikama big tree 5k hike – well worth it, Keurbooms, Plett, a beer with Al at Loui’s in Knysna, pizza at Sirocco, Bloo – interesting place.
- Friday, breakfast at Ile de pain, haircut, drove to Stellenbosch with Al (Georg drove to Cape Agulhas) – a fair bit of Bitcoin talk on the way, a beer at Trumpet, bought some more BTC.
- 666: Al’s bar tab number at Trumpet Tree.
- Saturday, Love and Light with Ernst, Paul, Al and Peter Futter.
“Namaste bitches.” — Ernst’s line of the day.
“Get involved.” — Paul
“How the gym gives back.” — Ernst, explaining his motivation for going running at gym early in the morning – watching the girls swim. Something about water flowing over their bodies as they turn. Reminded me of this quote…
“There are three things I love in this world: Kylie Minogue, small dimples just above a woman’s buttocks, and the fear in the man’s eye who knows that I’m about to hurt him.” — The Other Guys
- Sunday, breakfast at The Farmer’s Kitchen with Ernst, some Chardonnay at De Oewer, dropped Ernst at the airport, a long beer with Etienne at Van Hunks – he had some life changing news, a drink with Aiden and Georg at La Vie, fetched Al at Paul’s house and dropped him off at his car, watched Aliens again.
- Sigourney was 36 when the movie was made. Newt is one year older than I am.
“Get away from her you bitch!” — Aliens, great line.