NYE week, last week of holiday...
- Week of 30 Dec to 5 Jan.
- Monday, got up at 10:00.. new (late) record for recent times, sunset braai at Paul's farm with Georg and Paul - great braai broodjies and red wine, watched The Abyss again - epic movie (to watch after Aliens).
- Tuesday, french toast (with extra savoury mince on the side) at Basic Bistro with Georg, Kink Disco NYE party at Zevenwacht Wine Estate with Paul and Georg - this involved a fair bit of "just in time Joe" planning.
- Hello 2014 - though, to be honest this reality only set in a week or two later.
- The socials... ended the year with 1193 FB friends - no real growth since 1050 in Dec 2012. Twitter followers mildly better 877 from 723.
- Wednesday, chilled at home, watched The Mexican again, nap, watched Leon, Zoolander and Pain and Gain again with Georg and Paul, lots of bubbly and Chardonnay, nap, watched some Entourage.
"I have to ask you a question. It's a good one so think about it. If two people love each other, but they just can't seem to get it together, when do you get to that point of enough is enough?" -- The Mexican, good dialog for a pretty cheesy movie.
- Thursday, tea with Anton, breakfast at The Open Kitchen with Georg, more chilling and photo processing, lunch at Inniebosch followed by a Caffe Coretto (Grappa and Espresso), Balboa with Al and Georg, fun evening at Jolly Roger and Balboa (until they closed around 2am) with Anton, Niel, Celeste and Anke(?).
- Friday, ribs at Apres with Georg, watched a few episodes of The Trip - not bad, nap, a sunset walk around Mostertsdrif, nice supper at Anton's - awesome summer evening, watched The Counterfeiters - not bad, made popcorn, watched Zombieland again.
- Saturday, Georg and Anton started their long drives home, fetched Mia, car wash while shopping for a birthday present for Francis, nap, watermelon, body surfing at Strand beach with Mia, soft serve ice cream, sunset beach walk, made popcorn, Clone Wars - nice day.
- Sunday, I made gourmet omelettes, we completed the Death Star - only took us 10 months (one of the reasons I could not move in November), swimming at gym, Mia swam a 25m freestyle in 26 sec, Strand beach walk - pretty much end to end with a soft serve ice cream in between, fish and chips and a beer cocktail (Jack Black, Jack Daniels and Passion Fruit) at The Thirsty Scarecrow (Mooiberge) - try it, Mia had a Grenadine and soda, variation on her usual Passion Fruit and soda - she played in the play area till 20:45 and it was not totally dark yet, gelato and a walk around the middle of Stellenbosch - another great summers day.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.