Getting back to work…
- Monday, Day 1 of the health programme, first gym session in a while with Werner – Mia went to Club V, lunch at Greengate with Francis, rainy day puzzle building, shopping with Mia and Francis, cooked supper while they watched Clone Wars, Francis sleepover, we read three bed time books.
- I showed Mia the Eddie Izzard Death Star Canteen video (clean version) – she loved it.
“Did you dry these in a rainforest? Why, with the power of the Death Star do we not have a tray that is ****ing dry?”
- Mia discovered DuckDuckGo.
- Started working again, mostly planning for the year.
- Tuesday, Francis’s fifth birthday, gym with Werner, Mia and Francis went to Club V, took Mia and Francis to the birthday party in Somerset West, sunset walk around Stellenbosch and some blogging, browsed through photos from 2004-2009.
- Francis is super cute – a bit sad not really being a part of her life anymore.
- Wednesday, up at 6:30, healthy eating day, blogging, rainy day gym session, swim, fixed my Aperture library issues (kinda, I think I need 16GB memory), migrated about 70GB of photos, sunset walk, backups, noisy crickets – did not sleep well.
- Seems I only took (kept) about 2500 photos in 2013. 4300 in 2012, 6300 in 2011.
- Our AfrikaBurn 2014 theme camp plotting and planning has begun.
- Tune of the week: FOALS, Spanish Sahara. Hat tip to Etienne. Pretty keen to see them at Ramfest.
- Thursday, up at 5:15, early flight to Joburg with Werner and Jan, Gust Pay and TrustFabric strategy workshop, had my shoes shined at the airport – something different, flight back, killed two crickets.
- Friday, watched The Wolf of Wall Street – great movie, Brampton (until they closed) – had a chat about Zeppelins with Dirk, ended up DJ’ing the last few tunes of the evening (generally a good sign that you’ve had enough wine).
- Saturday, watched some Entourage (S3), Naulene dropped Mia off, swimming at gym, Potjie at Werner’s for his birthday, we watched Tales from Earthsea (Ghibli) – strange, but not bad.
- Sunday, we watched Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind 1984 (pre-Ghibli) – a bit out there, but entertaining, swimming at gym, ribs and veg at Apres, gelato and a stroll around town, processed Mia’s school photos from 2013, Strand Beach walk – had a long chat with Mia about talent vs work, dropped Mia at her gran’s house.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.