- Week of 10-16 Feb.
- Monday, woke up in Dublin at 7:00ish, death warmed up, bus ride to the airport, my DSLR died, Jacques missed his flight, Aer Lingus flight to Amsterdam, train ride to central station, sunset walk around Amsterdam – beautiful city.
- Tuesday, woke up at the Ibis hotel, met Jordan at the Amsterdam central station, meeting with PayLogic, lunch at a Chinese place, met with guys from Adyen, met with StartupBootcamp Amsterdam, rainy walk to the hotel, frites and mayo, a beer at a Bavarian bar (got the timezone wrong and was a bit early), party at the Paymentwall offices (waitresses in air hostess outfits and baby tigers on display), Heineken seems to be the beer of choice – in metal bottles, a party at some other company function related to the Casual Connect conference – Jordan (who is a bit like the Amsterdam version of Paul Carr without the drinking problem) got in as some bigcorp (could have been PayPal) exec, I got in as Jordan, talked event photography with a pretty photographer from Kiev named Sasha, cold and windy walk back to the hotel, all in all a fun day.
- Wednesday, up at 6:00, train to the airport, 11 hour KLM flight to Cape Town, watched Rush… pretty good, watched Runner Runner… not bad, Werner fetched me at the airport.
- It sucks flying through the day – night time flights are much better.
- Thursday, woke up in Stellenbosch, fetched my car at Paul’s house, omelette at Basic Bistro with Werner, Carlyles with Georg, a beer at Il Leone.
- Friday, woke up in Sea Point, salad at La Perla with Georg, met up with Paul in Cape Town, Mia’s school swimming gala with Naulene and family, as I arrived Mia started her freestyle heat, but forgot her goggles so swam into the lane barriers – mild sense of humour failure, then she came 2nd in the breaststroke and won the backstroke race – she won the trophy for Grade 2 with the most points in the gala and she was very happy, full moon sunset valentines supper with Mia overlooking the Stellenbosch mountains with a glass of Longridge Chardonnay (JOMO: Georg and Aiden went to Ultra festival).
- Saturday, woke up on Paul’s farm around 7:00 feeling nicely rested, I made some (photo) backups for the first time in too long, took Mia to Zara’s 8th birthday party in Erinvale, stopped by Naulene’s house, crazy hot day – 45deg, nap, sunset walk with Mia around Paul’s farm, salad, in bed early.
- Note to self: make Mia drink 1L of water before going to a kids party.
- Mia liked her Swiss chocolates, tshirt and model KLM plane.
- Seems Clone Wars Season 6 will be out early in March.
- Sunday, we watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, omelette at Basic Bistro, met up with Dirk and Jan briefly, dropped Mia at her gran’s house, afternoon with Georg in Cape Town – heat wave in town had to stop for a beer at a few places, La Perla, La Vie, Wakami with Aiden, pizza at Posticino, a great evening swim to cool down.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.