Far out of the comfort zone…
- Not going to lie, I took some strain this week.
- Monday, woke up at Aiden’s house in Sea Point, quick Promenade walk, email scrubbing at Wembley Square, gym, swim, booked in my camera at Photographic Repairs (Park rd) – holding thumbs, lunch at Wellness Warehouse, death by email, vitB shot – more painful than usual, back to Wembley Square, sunset walk around Kloof st, Startupbootcamp related Skype meeting.
- Living out of a suitcase for a month really gets you to trim down on the things you don’t need.
- Still homeless, but at least I think I’ve figured out that I need to move to Cape Town again.
- Tuesday, woke up in Tamboerskloof, early morning blogging and photo processing, gym, swim, Skype call to .nl, we managed to make it into the top 17 for Startupbootcamp Amsterdam, a beer at La Perla with Johann and Victoria – for some reason I remember them playing this song: “Until the night closes in…” (seems to capture the general La Perla experience nicely), spotted two of my photos on the wall at Call-a-Pizza in Sea Point, Sgt. Peppers in Long St with Johann and Victoria.
- Had a chat with Victoria, seems RTD2012 created a few ripples.
- I suspect I spend too much time in the past in my head.
- Wednesday, woke up in Sea Point, not the best day – visa issues, Mia’s girls relay swimming gala – she swam freestyle, breaststroke and backstroke – Mia’s school won (most points), ribs at the Spur with Francis and Mia – they have a pretty epic play area, dropped the girls at Naulene’s house, sunset walk around Tamboerskloof.
- SA passports really sucks, could not get a visa quick enough for Startupbootcamp.
- Thursday, a bit of aquaponics research, awesome sunset walk around Lions Head – it’s been too long, Kloof st conveyer belt sushi, watched Escape Plan… entertaining.
- Friday, lunch with Cath at Sababa (Bree St), fetched my camera – seems a loose screw blew a fuse rolling around a circuit board, a glass of wine at Brampton with Jan and Werner, fetched Mia, drove to Bettys.
- Lessons for the week: reliable, cheap and generally available internet access is _still_ a problem in Cape Town.
- Anton’s “bek, hek, nek” jokes seem to never get old.
- Satuardy, epic weekend with Anton and family in Bettys, a pretty big wave crashed over Mia, Louise and Anton while near the rock pools, braai, beach time, sundowners on the rocks with Chris, nice dinner, perfect day.
- Sunday, leg of lamb for Sunday lunch, walked around the Harold Porter National Botanical Garden with Mia and Petr, met up with Charl and family at the garden’s restaurant, dropped Petr off at his gran’s house, hake, calamari and chess with Mia at Surfside in Strand, dropped Mia off at Naulene’s house, some photo processing.
- Appreciate the little things – like a fully charged toothbrush.
- Happy to have my camera back. I seem to average about 150 albums (moments worth taking a camera to) per year – a bit sad that I missed the recent Amesterdam moments, but maybe also a nice reminder to keep taking photos.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.