Moving to Oranjezicht…
- Monday, I made fresh juice, gym, swim, sauna, tracked down some City of Cape Town urban agriculture people, some AfrikaBurn planning, an unexpected glass of wine.
- I’m in this SeedStarsWorld 2014 teaser video for about 1/2 a second.
“You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. — Buckminster Fuller
- Observe everything. Never stop learning.
- Tuesday, catch-up with Theo at Yours Truly on Kloof Street, gym, swim, sauna, a meeting at The Office, drove to Stellenbosch, big Foodlovers Market salad, email catch up at the gym, dinner with Paul at Radish (at Hartenberg).
- Wednesday, woke up on Paul’s farm on a rainy morning, a quick meeting with Michael in Stellenbosch, gym, swim, sauna, salad, drove to Cape Town, Caffe Neo – slow internet, managed to get a formal invite letter from Startupbootcamp London Pitch Day, Mouille Point walk, a beer at Rafiki’s with Paul and Ben – AfrikaBurn theme camp planning – the sugar cube spiral infinity bar plan, epic burger in a bowl at Da Vinci’s on Kloof Street.
- The Stellenbosch gym’s pool is way less busy than the Gardens one.
- Making plans to get Mia to see AfrikaBurn.
- Thursday, Cape Town Partnership meeting (about rooftop farming), meeting in Durbanville, gym – got a free smoothie by installing the Kauai iOS app, salad, house shopping in Oranjezicht, visit to the Oranjezicht City Farm, house shopping in Bakoven – met the guy who now lives in our old house – he used to know Ronnie, gelato, walked from Camps Bay to Glen Beach to Clifton 1st, walked past a lady feeding about 10 stray cats behind the Clifton lifesaving clubhouse, watched the sunset from Clifton 2nd, stopped for a beer at Bungalow, burger in a bowl again – with avo this time, a beer at Rafiki’s with Johann and Adam to talk farming, Power and the Glory, watched some Casablanca at Rick’s.
- We found some fish for the first farms.
- Friday, start of school holidays, Naspers/WeChat meeting – nice offices, epic six egg omelette, admin afternoon, sunset walk around Lions Head, painful visa application admin, Aces’n’Spades with Paul, Claus, Janey and Este… until they closed – good fun.
- I love this city, good to be back.
- Moving to Oranjezicht… something new, I have not lived there before – after two months of living out of a suitcase.
“A ship is safe in harbor, but that’s not what ships are for.” — William G.T. Shedd …Tinder seems to be a good source of quotes these days.
- Saturday, Table Mountain lookout, Llandudno beach with Paul, nap, a beer at Van Hunks, a beer at Baccini’s with Claus and Pete.
- Seems Van Hunks is the new Carlyle’s – you can walk in there on a random weekend afternoon and be pretty sure you will know a few people.
- Tune of the week: Will there be enough water, The Dead Weather.
“I don’t know where I managed to find my 17th wind.” — Paul
- Sunday, woke up at Claus’s house, Eggs Benedict at Carlucci’s, Mouilli Point walk, moved into a new place in Oranjezicht (top road right next to the mountain – should inspire a few walks/adventures), nap, fetched Mia, we watched Mr Peabody & Sherman – nice movie, shared a (great) pizza at Baccini’s.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.