Easter weekend, sea kayaking and co-working spaces…
- Monday, admin, gym, visited Twenty Fifty (co-working space), I managed to get EV3RSTORM to move around and shoot his bazooka, upgraded his firmware, red wine, dark chocolate, I put the last 4 years of Mia’s photos on an iPad for my mom (11206 of them).
- Tuesday, gym, swim, sauna, my first Google Hangout video conference at Twenty Fifty (10Mbps fibre internet), visited Urban Hub and Inner City Ideas Cartel (co-working spaces), a bit of bicycle shopping, some overdue blogging at Truth Coffee on Buitengracht, AfrikaBurn planning meeting with Paul at Beerhouse, drinks at Sgt Peppers with Paul, Claus, Janey, Romy, Donna – Claus told us about his vigilantly window wiper removal antics.
- Wednesday, gym, AfrikaBurn planning, email scrubbing.
- Etienne became a dad this week – Paul pointed out that all his close guy friends are now dads.
- I really slept well this week – I guess it’s because the evenings are getting a bit cooler.
- Kinda nice living in a house where the alarm system works well.
“The fearless are busy creating their future.”
- When last did you feel really alive?
- Thursday, up at 6:30, made a presentation, meeting at Shoprite in Brackenfell, Wembley Square, 4th tech accelerator interview at Twenty Fifty, fetched Mia from her art class, sunset beach walk from Camps Bay to Clifton 1st and back, attempted to have supper at Marika’s (greek place next to Lazari’s), but made an exit before even getting our food – bad experience… don’t make hungry people wait too long, I ended up making Mia some food at home, in bed early.
- Recurring lesson: too many IT projects in SA are run by CAs.
- Mia cheated in a test (teacher emailed us) – she wanted to copy the word “through”. I guess it’s an experience we all need to have – though I don’t recall ever being caught.
- Friday, public holiday, I made a big scrambled eggs breakfast while Mia finished building the Mindstorms (on her own), we programmed EV3RSTORM… Mia’s first programming experience, our plan to go swimming failed – after reminding Naulene twice to please pack swimwear for Mia she packed a cap, goggles, two towels and no swimsuit, *sigh*, nap, ribs and pizza at Da Vinci’s, a long walk around Green Point Park, ice cream, awesome sunset Sea Point Promenade walk – the play area tour – a great afternoon.
- If you’ve lived in Cape Town for ten years or so, I can highly recommend living somewhere else for a year or two and then coming back. It’s hard not to get spoilt.
- Saturday, dropped Mia at her mom’s (for a Hermanus visit), Neighbourgoods market, Pot Luck Club visit, a G&T at The Radisson, a Campari at home, nap, watched Bourne Ultimatum again with beer and pizza, watched some b-rate submarine action movie (the sad thing about DStv at home), watced Cosmos – very good.
- Sunday, morning sea kayak paddle from Three Anchor Bay to the Waterfront past a big (~100) pod of dolphins with Georg, Aiden and Camilla – good fun, poached eggs at Caprice, frozen Daiquiri at Van Hunks, Swan Lake ballet at Artscape with Mia and Francis… they loved it, Asian Kitchen with Mia and Francis… not very successful – they don’t seem to like Asian food yet.
- Guess who has a booking for The Pot Luck Club next week…
Have a fun week, crazy kids.