- Monday, Earl Grey tea, freshly squeezed juice and poached eggs at Carlucci’s with Georg, took a walk past the Governor’s mansion – it’s like something out of Monkey Island, sunset walk around Oranjezicht, 2 for 1 steak deal at HQ – we sat at a table 3m from where I had my first seared tuna steak at Strega in 2001… good memories, the Orphanage Martini at Orphanage with cucumber sandwiches – great service.
- Tuesday, gym, swim, sauna, meeting with Werner, some paperwork in the print shop, 2 for 1 pizza night at Sgt Pepper with Nick and Georg, Van Hunks… the friendly waitress’ name is Tania (sp?).
“Trapped under something heavy?” — the standard text message I send Naulene when she does not answer her phone for most of the day.
- Nick actually found a girlfriend on Tinder.
- Deckard is Gaff.
- Wednesday, a quick walk to the 7Eleven for electricity and a MyCITI bus card, took the bus to the ~office, gym, swim, sauna, TwentyFifty, took the bus back (right on time), walked to Higgovale and back (how cool is Trek road), added some lights to my bike and cycled to Green Point, Moonlightmass, Van Hunks with Georg (bike got a lift home).
- Moonlightmass was fun, but every few 100m the traffic cops stop everybody and you have to wait ~5min. Anyway, happy I did it.
- Georg now has the biggest smartphone in the known universe. After a power failure at home we discovered that his new Nokia phablet does not have a torch.
- When last did you do something for the first time?… HQ, Orphanage, MyCITI bus, Moonlightmass.
- Top 4 roads in Cape Town: Leeukloof, Beta, Trek, Nettleton.
- Some of my photos made it into a blog post on AfrikaGeographic.
- Thursday, Stellenbosch visit, Mill House, Mxit visit, watched Mia’s hockey match vs SWPS – she scored 6 (of the 6) goals in the game, hot chocolate at Manuka with Naulene – she seems pretty happy with spending some time in London this summer with Mia, scones, red Cappuccino and homework with Mia, swanky BNP wine event at 15 on Orange (probably not the worst hotel in the world, but I don’t like it), good fun, best wines of the evening: De Wetshof Bateleur and Mischa Merlot Cabernet, a Tanqueray and dry lemon at HQ with Paul while Candice played a few tunes.
- Mia lost two milk teeth this week.
- Friday, breakfast with Georg, Sparkup! afternoon and evening session, Van Hunks, Power and the Glory with Camilla, Bianca, Velma and Georg, failed attempt at making conversation with two girls about Wes Anderson movies and Blade Runner *sigh*.
- Saturday, whole day at Sparkup! (8:00 to 20:00) at UCTGSB Solution Space (cool venue), Werner joined for the morning sessions, photo processing.
“There’s a rush to be second among investors.” — Permjot
- Sunday, another full day at UCTGSB with Jan, failed pitching session, they changed the pitch time limit – so I never pitched, at least I upgraded Mia’s laptop to OSX 10.9 (~7GB download).
Have a fun week, crazy kids.