Last week in Cape Town for a while…
- Week of 20-26 October.
- Monday, up at 6:00, school run, gym, swim, meeting in Stellenbosch, lunch at Greengate, car wash (for the first time in about 6 months), finally fixed the Kano at Mia’s school, early supper with Mia and a beach walk, dropped Mia at her mom’s and drove to Cape Town, one more wave of creating order around the house while installing iOS 8.1, met a potential new (French) housemate.
- Tuesday, up at 6:00, walked up Lions Head with Richard (90min up and down), bumped into three people I know on the way up, made an 8 egg breakfast (2 yolks, for the record), listened to Chicane / Behind the Sun – great album, fitted a new iPhone screen cover, perfect application, geek joy, Table Mountain walk with Georg… pipe track and contour road back, we kinda planned a braai, then cancelled it and then braaied anyway, a small one with Michael.
- Wednesday, finally set up my desk again and ordered ADSL for the house, drove to Stellenbosch, ~swim, bubbly, a really nice dinner at Holden Manz with Nikki.
- Only woman feel infatuation. Only men feel jealousy.
- Thursday, bacon, Bloody Mary, got some new swimming goggles (joy – should have done this a long time ago), epic 1k swim, could not stop smiling, VitB shot, fetched Mia from swimming, early supper at Manuka – bumped into Charl and family, drove back to Cape Town, Georg played a nice mix of some new tunes, missed the aKing show, in bed early.
- 2 years.
- Sudden urge to visit the power station where Aliens was filmed.
- Friday, finally found my toothbrush chargers, unpacked a few boxes, backups, Van Hunks with Georg, Paul, Hilah, Tania, Johann and Al – great evening.
“Here’s to the normal ones. The conformists. The pushovers. The followers. The square pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things the same. They’re fond of rules. And they have respect for the status quo. You won’t quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can do is ignore them. Because they don’t change things. They hold the human race back. And while some may see them as safe, we see mindless destruction. Because the people who aren’t crazy enough to think they can change the world, don’t.” — Ben
- Saturday, breakfast and a Bloody Mary at Sidewalk Cafe with Georg, swim, sun, started making a mix tape, epic nap – overshot the mark a little and woke up after 19:00, Cosmos, burger at Royale with Georg, more Cosmos.
- Sunday, Devil’s Peak walk with Georg, swim, we fetched Paul and Hilah… with only minor delays, fetched Mia, great day of swimming and relaxing, Johann and Victoria’s going away party at Sgt Pepper in Long Street – continuing the pizza on Sunday night routine.
- Mia’s Afrikaans is progressing well.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.