8 years of blogging this month...
- Week of 10 to 16 November.
- Monday, up at 6:00, school run, 1k swim at the Waterstone Gym, some past-deadline charity shopping logistics for Mia's school, created some order back at home, photo processing, light supper and tea at Sidewalk Cafe with Nikki - fast paced walk back home after we figured out they locked the gates around our house at sunset, in bed by 10:00, some Aquaponics reading, good sleep.
- Contempt is the number one factor that tears couples apart.
- The disease of being busy.
- Tuesday, three cups of tea with Nikki, car service, gym, 1k swim, walked from Wembley Square to the Waterfront via St George's mall, Greenmarket Square and Long Street - forgot how nice that area is in the afternoon, fetched my car, watched Interstellar at the Waterfront, ~3hour epic sci-fi movie... loved it, joined Al and Georg for a beer at Carlyle's.
- Tune of the week: Nara by Alt-J.
- Interstellar mini review: Great soundtrack. Very sad a times. I cried like girl. Great plot and themes: Very scary theme about killing the planet and running out of food. Time is relative. Is love bigger than just something that we have because of evolution? The bond between parent and child. Anne Hathaway looks very good with short hair - not the worst person to be trapped on a new planet with. 80% of the movie seems pretty real and then there's the Abyss-like ending where it gets wacky - but it all fits well.
"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us." -- Interstellar
"Love is the one thing that transcends time and space." -- Brand, Interstellar.
"I know." -- The Empire Strikes Back
"Jy moet nooit jou sonbril by die huis los as jy uit gaan nie." -- Al
- Wednesday, day without using my car, moved about 75GB of photos to my external drive, Devil's Peak walk with Georg, finished that mix tape - the new-school way: iTunes playlist export and import, Naulene fetched a sleeping bag, red wine and blogging while Georg worked on his set for Friday night, narrow escape with a last minute phone call, do'h.
- Thursday, Mia went on her first school camping trip, no breakfast, health check-up at Wellness Warehouse and a painful VitB shot... Doctor Ernst sent through a script for Neurobion (thanks!), Mr Fox'd an egg white frittata with a spirulina smoothie and some orange blossom energising Happywater from Janey - who gave me two affirmation stickers, bumped into Tracey, 1km swim, I suspect my mostly paleo diet is increasing my cholesterol - phoned Ernst - I should probably go for a real lab test soon, organised the house with Georg and had a few G&Ts, moved around some decor.
- Startups really are about making something out of nothing.
- Great weekend, nice to see so many good friends...
- Friday, house cleaning and organising, some tea in the Ritzenhoff cups with Nikki (thanks for the plastic glasses), chopped up some veggies for snack platters, epic nerdy housewarming party (Party in the IT Department) - about 30 people, ended with some Hendriks G&Ts (thanks Al), good chats with Hilah, more than one person got the day of the party wrong (-:
- Saturday, woke up to a clean house, walked to Carlyle's for a Slow Beer and a pizza, watched True Romance again... always fun.
- We have two new housemates: Jasmin and Laura.
- Sunday, took a walk around Ellerman House with Nikki (see photo above), great art collection - very cool William Kentridge piece, vanilla tea with great views over Bantry Bay, Jessica came over and Georg cooked an awesome Sunday roast with some vintage Graham Beck bubbly, minor kitchen panic - first aid kit for Nikki's finger cut, nap, watched The Intouchables again, watched Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels again.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.