Jacques in Cape Town and a Beta Beach visit…
- Week of 22-28 December. Another holiday-mode post…
- Monday, a salad at Caprice with Georg, nap, a two hour Table Mountain walk above our house with Nikki, great weather, beautiful sunset, a seared tuna steak at Sidewalk Cafe with Georg and Nikki, we watched some Team America again, babies don’t sleep this well.
- Tuesday, tea and conversations about Fight Club, last needed gym visit to keep my Vitality Diamond status (just in time – would probably have been very easy if I was not in London for four months), a walk around the Cape Town CBD with Nikki… walked through the Company’s Gardens, had a Guinness at Twankey bar, walked up Long Street, had a burger in a bowl at Da Vinci’s, walked through De Waal Park, a swim in the rain, rediscovered the 4 Hour Body book, watched Rushmore again with Nikki… love that movie, great day.
“I am so happy I didn’t waste you on my twenties.” — Nikki
- Wednesday, tea, afternoon braai with Georg… medium-rare rib eye steaks and salad (no braai broodjies), 4 hour nap, watched the Simpsons episode with Michael Jackson, blogging and photo processing, finished reading the aquaponics book at about 2:30 and finally managed to fall asleep.
- Maybe Interstellar is one big aquaponics advert. It’s very lame that a key part of the plot is that the corn will die.
- Feeling really rested, nice. Have not used my car since Saturday.
- Tune of the week: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds – Into My Arms
- Thursday, rainy xmas day in Franschhoek with Nikki.
- She should have said “I know” (-;
- Friday, swim, Chardonnay tasting, (Milan) burger in a bowl at Da Vinci’s with Georg, Jacques and Marietjie arrived in Cape Town at 22:00ish.
- Strange time. For all the confusion in one part of my life – I’m very happy with the other.
- Saturday, Jacques (the paleo house husband) cooked us breakfast on his gas braai, wine tour day with Jacques, Georg and Marietjie: Villiera, Simonsig (good value Chardonnay) and Beyerskloof, braai at home.
- Sunday, Jacques made us brunch, very nice Beta Beach afternoon – mostly Little Beta Beach (see above) – love that beach, Van Hunks, drinks at home with Al, Paul and Hilah, fun evening.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.