AfrikaBurn ticket logistics and startup ideas…
- Week of 26 Jan to 1 Feb…
- Monday, a misty drive over Kloof Nek rd to work, office space shopping, set up new company email, 1 hour sunset promenade walk, a swim and a braai at home, watched Iron Man 3 again.
- Funny how your startup-ideas.txt files grows a lot quicker when your head is not in a startup.
“You want to know how to paint a perfect painting? It’s easy. Make yourself perfect and then just paint naturally.” Empirically, the way to have good startup ideas is to become the sort of person who has them. “Live in the future and build what seems interesting.” — from How to Get Startup Ideas
- I’m starting to think Gust Pay was maybe a “sitcom” startup idea. A bit like Oop! from Microserfs.
- Tuesday, work, a sunset walk up Lions Head.
- Good read: This Industry Is Still Completely Ridiculous
- Wednesday, work, bought an AfrikaBurn ticket – JIT Joe style, site survey walk, another site survey walk, looks like you need walking shoes for this job, a walk around Beta beach, bumped into Tori, picnic on the big rock in Bakoven, a swim at home, last minute AfrikaBurn creative crew ticket admin – managed to assign 20/22… herding cats.
- Let me know if you want to join our theme camp?
- Thursday, work, survey walk, meeting at the Radisson Hotel, sunset walk.
“What’s for you will not pass you by.” — Moloko
- Friday, work, watched Mia’s inter-house athletics, Franschhoek, great bottle of Sadie Family Palladius… ;-P
- Feels pretty good having an income again. Near miss. Jackrabbit country.
- Saturday, scrambled eggs with cream, babysat 5 dogs, nap, braai.
- I’ve been thinking… the easy business recipe is: Start with cool co-founder, split the shares 50/50, do something you can start with a small amount of capital, find a recurring revenue (passive income) business model… easy? Yeah, pretty much what I did first – but you only realise this stuff, looking back, after you try doing things the hard way.
- Sunday, Origin with Nikki, stopped for a photo of the Franschhoek valley (above) on the way back, a drink at LQF, epic day.
- Tune of the week: The Veldt, Deadmau5.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.