Sim Farm legend…
- Week of 9-15 March.
- Health week 4/10.
- Monday, school run from Franschhoek to the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody (Mia’s selection), work, swim, car wash, fixed the Kano at Mia’s school, watched Mia swim in the zonal gala… she swam freestyle, backstroke, freestyle relay and the ladder relay, omelettes for supper while Mia finished her homework, dropped Mia at her gran’s house, arrived home to Wouter’s mad scientist (temperature probes) steak dish, babies don’t sleep this well.
- Discovered a big Philip K Dick book collection at home. Must make time to read some of them.
“There is life and there is death – and in the middle there is maintenance.” — o/h at the swimming gala.
- Tuesday, walked to work, catch-up meeting with Simon, sunset walk along Kloof rd and back via Nettleton rd, some Vegas sign design work.
- Takes me 8 minutes to walk to work.
- What new thing/industry are you going to be learning this year?
- Wednesday, GPON vendor meeting, meeting with Naulene, parent-teacher meeting… a fairly painful experience, had supper with Mia while she finished some homework, we shared a dark chocolate bunny, a sunset walk around Radlof park with Mia while teaching her some Afrikaans, dropped Mia at her mom’s house, a 1k swim at gym… only person in the pool, back to Cape Town, Wouter made what he calls “rich as fuck biscuits” with berries and ice cream, wrote a letter – which was nice.
- Seems Mia is stressed and her teachers are worried. She is very mature for her age, but she should be pretty care-free at this point in time and not dealing with her mom’s stresses. The teacher even said that Mia gets stressed because she worries about my reaction to Naulene not doing anything about her toe. The German baker is back in Germany not paying any maintenance. Not ideal.
- Thursday, walked to the office, nice sales meeting, painful equipment vendor meeting, had to go dig around in storage for camping gear for Mia’s school camp… no fun, watched Mia’s last gala for the season… she won her backstroke race, Anton phoned… he thinks all our customers are porn surfers, a walk and a sunset swim in Franschhoek (see above).
- Friday, woke up in Franschhoek, Constantia Fibre proposal writing, tea and home-made hummus and seed crackers… yum, theme camp stamp design session, inbox zero, sunset swim, we watched Romancing the Stone… classic – have not seen it in ages.
- Saturday, morning swim, AfrikaBurn theme camp planning day with Nikki, Paul, Wouter, Seraina, Storm and Angelique, swim, home made pizza party (which almost became a steak night)… lots of fun.
- Sunday, great brunch with Nikki and Paul, a stroll around the farm, Backsberg picnic concert with Mr Cat and the Jackal… nice size event with bad craft beer, Dane made paleo burgers.
- Turns out Nikki is a Sim Farm legend.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.