Surveillance for ants…
- Week of 23-29 March.
- Health week 6/10.
- Monday, school run from Franschhoek – 1 hour drive, work, gym, swim, haircut at Yogi’s (who removed SnapScan because of “tax reasons”), nap, very nice 2 hour walk from Bantry Bay to the Bakoven and back, watched the sunset from the Beta Beach big rock, post-sunset swim at home, tea, dark chocolate, photo and notes processing.
- We had this idea for an NSA ant farm with CCTV art project at AfrikaBurn. “What is this? Mass surveillance for ants?”
- Tuesday, walked to work, catch up meetings with Giuliano and Ben at Bootleggers, watched the last over of the cricket, investor meeting, sunset swim at home.
“Is FB flakey one level above CPT flakey?” — about Cape Town people attending events.
- Seems Teraco was sold for around 140m USD.
“You have to die a few times before you can really live.” — Charles Bukowski
- Wednesday, up early, walked to the office, Anton bought Mia a pink rabbit onesie for AfrikaBurn / her birthday, great lunch at La Perla with Chris, sunset swim at home, 90% dark chocolate and tea and blogging.
- Naulene phoned me, she seems to have made up her mind that Mia should stay with me soon – …or maybe Mia engineered this.
- Thursday, interesting meeting… learnt a bit more about fibre link budgets, drove to Franschhoek, afternoon catch-up walk with Nikki, some AfrikaBurn planning, we managed to order all the things for the Vegas Sign… laser cutting etc, dinner with some Groot Constantia Chardonnay 2013 – best Chardonnay in the world… very good – I like it.
- I think I’ve gone more than a week without taking my phone off silent – who needs ringtones?
- ERnst. HilAH. – hehe.
- Really wish there was an 85% dark chilli Lindt version – 70% seems sweet.
- Friday, some remote working, sunset walk with T10 G&Ts with oversized ice cubes.
“I don’t want more choice, I just want nicer things!” — Absolutely Fabulous
- Saturday, a morning walk with Nikki and the dogs in the hills around the Berg River dam (see above), lots of swimming, sunset walk.
- Sunday, Groovy Troopers with Nikki, great fun, more swimming.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.