A Tenenbaumsy week…
- Week of 6 to 12 April. Mia’s school holiday week.
- Health week 8/10, not so much – seems I only managed 7 weeks.
- Lots of time with Mia this week, which was been great.
- Monday, Easter Monday, lots of swimming, great frittata for brunch, Paul went off to break up with Hilah and returned a bit later, sunset walk.
- We have a plan to make Limoncello. Thanks Felix.
- Tuesday, work, Mia painted two flamingos, lunch at Bread and Wine with Nikki and Mia… nice seared tuna, great souffle for dessert, sunset tennis with Nikki, Dane and kids.
“What did your last slave die of?” — Nikki
- Wednesday, Mia holiday outing, watched Home 3D at the Waterfront with Mia and Nikki… very funny – Nikki’s first 3D movie experience, micro herb salad at Bulducci’s, gelato, quick visit to a LED lighting place and Falcon Electronics in Woodstock and looked at some retail space for a restaurant idea, a quick wine tasting at Plaisir De Merle on the way home, sunset walk with the dogs and some Woodstock gin G&Ts (hmm… it needs work), Moreson Chardonnay 2012 and 2013 tasting, paleo burgers.
“It’s like your best friend never goes home.” — Nikki
“What is the meaning of your face?” — O, Home
- Thursday, work, while Nikki took Mia for a haircut, iOS and OSX upgrade day, Spice Route visit (see above) and CBC beer tasting with Nikki and Mia, sunset swim, some AfrikaBurn theme camp planning.
- Friday, Franschoek hardware store visit, lunch at Babel / Babylonstoren… try the yellow salad, Le Bonheur Crocodile Farm visit with Mia… interesting that you can poke a crocodile’s eye (into the skull) and it pops right out again.
“Cold blooded vicious killers – and crocodiles.”
- Saturday, we found Mia some new (teal) hockey / astro shoes (size 5) and a gum guard for hockey, Brampton play area with the kids and a golf cart ride, espresso Martini’s at LQF with Nikki.
- I think I’m starting to like Franschhoek… and I’ve gotten used to the idea that you spell it with two h’s.
- Sunday, swimming, tennis and a sunset walk with Nikki and the dogs, hot water gum guard molding operation.
- Tune of the week: Somebody to Love, Queen.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.