- Week of 27 April to 3 May.
- That place we go to not sit in front of computers and play with phones…
- My 4th AfrikaBurn, 1st with a SO, Mia’s 2nd.
- My phone was off. Not too many notes to work with here.
- Monday, I volunteered for gate greeter duty from 15:00 to 18:00, epic sunset.
- Tuesday, hmm.. hung out with Mia, cycled around, took some photos at a sunset wedding.
- Wednesday, Mia played marriage officer at the wedding chapel… Paul missed his shift, watched some Mary Poppins with Mia at the Sweet Love Cinema.
“I just got married by a nine year old.” — o/h as I cycled by some people.
- Thursday, dropped Mia off in in Ceres, water refill and shopping for supplies, back before sunset.
- We had great food this year (thanks!), managed to actually keep the same weight – not just protein shakes and trail mix. Also managed to get some sleep every night.
- Try some dill in your next salad.
- Friday, the Chris and Chris swimming pool camp in the afternoon, watched some things burn.
- More than one cool cycling adventures around the desert. Mia loved the cycling.
- Saturday, swimming pool camp in the afternoon and a spitbraai, watched some things burn… like I said, not that many notes.
- Sunday, cycled around and found Cub Scout her bag, packed up the theme camp, a hot shower at Lynne’s camp and some T10 G&Ts, in bed early.
- Activity levels at the burn are so much higher, makes you think that we were not designed to sit still for 8 hours a day.
- Not enough photos taken. Next year I should really take out my camera more. I say this every year.
- Some photos from the DSLR – I still need to process the photos from the two compact cameras.
- It was great to meet a lot of new people, Gerald the Swiss guy in our camp in particular.
- Separating the living camp (quiet zone) from the theme camp was maybe a bad idea. Can’t really work out a solution to this one. I’m thinking – next year I want to still camp in the quiet zone, but maybe have a lookout deck.
- Many other learnings, lots of notes for next year.
- The (two days of) packing up was a real bitch.
- All in all, it was great fun and very rewarding, thanks for all the hard work everybody.
- I’m kinda happy I still have a SO after this adventure, not that I doubted it really, but I think it’s very cool to be able to share experiences like these.
“For those that have been no explanation is necessary, for those that haven’t none is possible.” — Devin Ross Herd
This week you get two photos…
Have a fun week, crazy kids.