Long weekend in the Cederberg...
- Week of 3-9 August.
- Health week 3/6 - still on the lose 10kg before Jacques' wedding plan. I'm one jeans size down now. 34 > 33. Takes a real optimist to keep a pair of trousers for 10 years without wearing them. I can fit into a pair from 2004 again.
- Monday, woke up in Franschhoek, office, made a presentation deck, pizza for lunch at Knead (carb day), watched 700 Sundays while processing notes and photos, always liked Billy Crystal, in bed early.
- Tuesday, titanium tea, walked to the office, Discovery Fitness Assessment at the Discovery shop in Sea Point, a fairly painless dentist visit, haircut at Yogi's - short back and sides, wrote the weekly blog post, 1k swim.
- Btw. the Point gym's pool has the best temperature of the ones I go to. Better than Wembley and Waterstone.
Full 7500 Vitality points from my Fitness Assessment:
Waist circumference: 80cm
Body fat (with callipers): 14.9%
Cardiovascular level: Excellent (62 heart rate after climbing stairs for 3min)
Push ups: 41 in a minute
Sit and stretch: 44cm (best stretch seen for a guy this year)
- Nice read about Masters Swimming - the other CrossFit.
- 40k/45k Vitality points so far, should be pretty easy to keep up the Diamond Status thing.
- Wednesday, gym, swim, office, nice Clifton winter sunset (see above), Georg cooked a nice big supper... with some Haut Espoir red.
- I've been getting into drinking more green tea. Trying to avoid dairy.
- You should go walking more often... The slow death of purposeless walking.
- Thursday, tea with Max (of Techstars fame) in Bantry Bay, walked to the office, nice sunny winters day, a fresh juice and a promenade and beach walk with Nikki (always a treat to see Nikki), launched the Octotel Fibre Champion programme, walked home, had a can of tuna and went for a 1k swim - dolphin snack - in the dark because of loadshedding, some blogging.
- Nice read about authenticity.
- Reached 1400 FB friends, 983 Twitter followers... going backwards with the twitter follower count.
- Thank goodness that annoying OSX captive portal issue is gone. I can now use public hotspots without tinkering with routing commands again.
- Friday, TiTea with Lindt 99% (see below), worked at gym, gym, swim, packing, fetched Georg, fetched Mia from school, stopped in Stellenbosch to get Mia's sleeping bag (thanks Nikki!), road trip to the Cederberg, stopped it Piketberg for supplies and took a scenic drive through the Swartland... very beautiful, while Mia cracked Pecan nuts in the back which we picked up at a padstal, arrived on the farm after dark.
- Have not been in the Cederberg since May 2014.
- Saturday, woke up in the Cederberg - very quiet... nice, I started marinading some oxtail and started cooking (see below) a potjie (in my pantoffels), Cederberg Wines visit - they have a pretty big selection of wines to taste these days, flat tyre on the way home - joy, epic nap, listened to the rugby on RSG... not the best, super amazing oxtail for supper with lots of veg... well, obviously I'm going to say it was amazing.
- Mia seems to love Buchu rooibos tea.
- Sunday, very relaxed sunny day, reading - Mia finished the two books we bought her on Friday, some Cederberg Bukettraube, nap, braai.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.