Dog with a blog...
- Week of 29 February to 6 March.
- Monday, watched Drive... good movie choice from Paul's Ryan Gosling film collection - epic soundtrack, fetched Mia and watched her Zonal Gala at De Hoop - last major gala of the season - she swam in five races and won a medal in the 25m freestyle race, a celebratory pizza supper at Giuseppe's, dropped Mia off at her gran's house (her mom was moving house), sunset drive back to Cape Town, catch up chat with Wouter, watched some Fleetwood Mac videos.
- I sometimes wonder how, last year, I was starting this new business, dating somebody, and doing a lot of AfrikaBurn planning and design work - with the same social calendar.
"It's not the destination, it's the glory of the ride." -- Spotted in Paul's house.
- Octotel connected its first few GPON customers this week.
"75% of success is straying calm."
- Tuesday, office, wayleave related meeting at the roads department, our home internet was down for a while so Wouter and I had a burger at Gibsons and watched Deadpool at the Waterfront... the movie had its moments, but not totally my vibe.
- If you had to put a billboard up somewhere, what would it say? - Tim Ferriss show question. My answer: Enjoy life.
- Wednesday, podcast walk to the office, the day was a bit of a blur, had a G&T with Wouter, processed the photos from two swimming galas and a wine festival.
- Thursday, podcast walk to the office, some last minute fibre duct delivery logistics, randomly bumped into Paul in Sea Point and had lunch with him, Myog - never gets old, was kinda planning to go to First Thursdays - but took a nap at home, processed a batch of (about 80) notes and did some blogging - good nerd time.
- I think I need to start buying wine more regularly - in bulk.
- Tune of the week: Juice Newton - Angel Of The Morning, good scene from Deadpool.
- Friday, podcast drive to the office, catch up chat and a protein shake with Mark at the place next to Jason Bakery, lunch at Scheckter's Raw Gourmet - pretty staff - portions could be bigger, fetched Mia from school, pizza and mocktails at La Vie with Mia, Pieter and Xavier.
- Mia tells me there is a Disney show called: Dog with a Blog.
- Saturday, Mia and I drove to deep-Plumbstead for a cryotherapy "sauna" at -150degC - managed to stay in for 3 minutes (see below), it was fun - I've had more intense spear fishing cold experiences, but it makes you feel alive, we hit the Nike factory shop - found some new gym bags, Hout Bay market with Mia, Fred, Dan, Duncan, Katie, Pieter and Marcus - nice vibe, car phone chats on the way home, some serious braai shopping, a nap at home, sunset G&Ts with extra lime (see above) and a braai at home with Wouter, Pieter and Mia - Wouter braaied a filet steak to perfection with his usual digital temperature probes, sago pudding, put Mia in bed and showed her the Coldplay Paradise video shot in Cape Town, Trude and Berry joined us for a glass of wine, some minimalist Berlin electro music, and a chat about LD50.
- Good fun to watch: Kaspar in Paradiso
"Dance like no one's watching. Encrypt like everyone is." -- from a tshirt
- Sunday, brunch at Bootleggers Bantry Bay with Mia and Wouter - we watched a few Argus cyclists speed by, Mia and I watched Zootropolis (Zootopia) at the Waterfront - very cool, maybe the best animated movie since How To Train Your Dragon, some camping gear shopping for Mia's school camp - fleece jacket and shoes, burger at Mondiall - still the most tasty burger in Cape Town.
- Anybody else strip the tracking info off links before sharing them?
- I'm starting to fear my Pocket list again. Major backlog.
- I seem to average about 40 phone notes per week. Which explains the delayed blog posts.
- I made it all the way to July 2015 with the Tim Ferriss show. Catching up.
- 7 weeks to AfrikaBurn.
- See you at the braai on Friday. The last braai of summer.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.