Tiramisu, fish tanks and Apocalypse Now…
- Week of 13-19 June. Not really a health week.
- Monday, school run, gym, blogging, city wayleaves meeting, I discovered an AngelBerry shop (froghurt) – try it, office, watched the Apple WWDC event.
- I think I’ll wait till September to get an Apple Watch 2.
“Embody what you want your children to embody.”
“Fancy gets broken.”
“Don’t be afraid to show your scars.”
- My face seems to be healing pretty well.
- Tuesday, breakfast with Elan of SleekGeek fame at Sotano (try the Mediterranean breakfast), civil engineering meeting, catch up chat with Dan, ISP meeting, winter burger special at Engruna with Pieter – we chatted innovation districts and connecting academia and startups, tiramisu.
- I bumped into Allan. He said my fasting blog post changed his live. Cool.
“Fewer, better things.”
- Winter has arrived in Cape Town.
- Tell me about the thing you are most passionate about?
- Wednesday, up early, TiTea with Matcha and raw cacao, gym, swim, steam bath and cold showers, podcast drive to the office, breakfast with Nick – we chatted health apps, some aquaponics tank and grow bed shopping with Michael, watched 24h party people… amusing.
- My Instagram feed is now CC BY-NC-SA, just because.
- Octotel signed up another 12 buildings this week.
- How Romanticism Ruined Love.
“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.” — Robert A. Heinlein, not that I agree with this, but it seems to be true.
- Thursday, public holiday, pet shop and hardware store visit, watched Apocalypse Now (for the first time!)… epic 3 hour movie – how have I not seen this before?, winter special at Goloso (Wouter had a Tinder date over for dinner), tiramisu and some blogging and photo processing.
- What is your theme for 2016? It’s probably something you’re already busy with. I’m thinking: health, food and fibre.
- Keto tiramisu would be cool. Hmm.
- Plans are in motion to build a small aquaponics farm. Michael and I are finally getting around to it.
- Thought while watching Apocalypse Now: Get together, get things done, get weird, get outside, experience new things, find adventure.
“What good is a story without zigs and zags?”
- Would it sound weird if I say – my life feels strangely together. Might need some misadventures soon. I need to Forest Gump my way into some new and interesting things.
- Note to self: get a dog, at some point. Go to Midburn – or Nowhere next year.
- Friday, podcast walk to the office, I have a new desktop monitor – pretty cool, got a fish tank pump and some clear pipe, fetched a box of Ethical Co-op stuff, after work beers on the roof terrace and chats about aquariums and fish, some aquaponics book reading and notes making.
- New desktop monitor: LG 25UM57, 25inch UltraWide, 21:9 aspect ratio, reasonable price and the pixel size is pretty good.
- Fasting Diets Are Gaining Acceptance.
“Just because it’s futile does not mean it can’t be fun. Just because you love something doesn’t mean you can’t suck at it.” — Mike Rowe
- Seems connective tissue takes 6 months to regenerate – explains why my shoulder and wrist are not back to normal yet.
- How often do I journal? Hmm. I never really stop.
- Saturday, breakfast at Loading Bay with Wouter and Zander – Zander and I hung out while Wouter fetched yoga mats, I made some Matcha lattes with the most groovy milk in the universe – it even comes in glass jars – Wouter was unimpressed, some notes processing, a Guinness at Ferrymans – watched about 30min of the rugby, a Newlands Spring Passionate Blonde at Sevruga (undercover SAB craft beer – very good – try it), watched The Nice Guys at the Waterfront… good movie – one for the Ryan Gosling fan club – the (flawed) father / daughter theme was cool, a Martini at Mondiall – try the fish tacos – most excellent, tiramisu at Balducci’s.
“2 x Milk, Cow, Full Cream, Raw 1 litre *PET MILK* (in glass jar) – Camphill Dairy (R25.00 each)”
- Pro tip: show up 15min late for movies – skip the ads.
- Yak Shaving. Wouter likes to use this lingo.
“That is the way to learn the most when you are doing something with such enjoyment that you don’t notice that the time passes.” — Albert Einstein
- Sunday, rainy day, notes processing and research, TiTea, gym, swim, sauna, massage – neck and shoulders needed it, nice to see Ingi, some Giovanni’s shopping with Wouter – fresh pasta etc, Wouter made an epic Linguine alla Carbonara with real pancetta and Boschendal free range eggs, Paul brought some wine… Neil Ellis Chardonnay and Shiraz, time well spent.
- I’ve started a Telegram group to get a few people testing my keto diet ideas.
- Tune of the week: Ride of the Valkyries.
- What have you done that’s new and interesting in the last year?
- Ok, so… I’m off to my first yoga class now, bye.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.