- Week of 5 to 11 September.
- Fasting week. My 4th 5day fast. Keeping to one every three months.
- Monday, school run while listening to the Derek Sivers episode / TimF show again while Mia was doing mathletics on a laptop while sipping BCAAs, gym, cold showers, office, sunset promenade walk, caught up on some reading.
- This is a gem. Derek Sivers. How to code a company. Don’t be afraid to code. Share strong opinions. Life is short. Hell yes, or no.
“The standard pace is for chumps.”
- We’re at peak complexity. Software needs to be at the core of a business.
- Tuesday, green tea – fasting day 3 – the buzzy part, swim, MWEB training session, office, a very interesting chat with Ben at La Vie, a sunset promenade walk with Heleen.
- Wednesday, fasting day 4, office, Dasan GPON training day, lunchtime visit to The Mojo Hotel – they seem keen for an aquaponics system on their roof, sunset promenade walk, hacked together three quick WordPress installs.
- Thursday, fasting day 5, up early, car service day, swim, cold showers, office, Dasan training day, Django sysadmin, fetched my car, promenade walk, more Django reading and video watching.
- Friday, shrek tea with ginseng Korean tea, packed, office, Dasan GPON node tour, bank visit – never thought that replacing a debit card could be this painful – app and online banking grinded to a halt – took about 30min to fix, fetched my camping gear from storage, fetched Paul from Stellenbosch, road trip to our first Wolfkop Weekender – stopped in Malmesbury for supplies, set up our camp in the quite camping area, had a nice meal at the Friday evening banquet with Wouter.
- What industry can software eat next?
- Foam roller week.
- Saturday, woke up fairly late, explored the camp site and had a bloody mary, spent most of the afternoon chilling with Paul and Tash (I told them The Super Cool story – how bacteria travel in snowflakes), extended nap – woke up around 0:00 – this seems to be becoming a pattern, caught the last music act and chilled by the fire – around about this point I noticed that my car battery was not happy after its Thursday service.
“Different podcast.” — Paul, about tech vs alpha female conversations.
- Sunday, chilled around the camp site with Paul after most people left, spent some time hanging out with Gerhard and ex-girlfriend – I thought I was going to be cool with seeing her, but I obviously need another year or so.
- Tune of the week: Come and get your love.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.