The call to adventure part two: Up the Creek, mud and moar lilos…
- Week of 23-29 January.
- Monday, woke up near Citrusdal, road trip to Stellenbosch with Paul, dumped some camping gear in storage, office, briefly saw Heleen (she was not in the best mood), helped Paul jump start his car at the Mount Nelson, dinner with Cath, Francois, Heinrich and Andrea at The Blue Cafe (previously The Daily Deli) – nice food.
“The more voluntary suffering you build into your life, the less involuntary suffering will affect your life.” — Tim Ferriss
- Tuesday, woke up in Tamboerskloof, office, some contract editing, smoothie and a lunchtime walk with Heleen, phone chat with Mia, drove to Stellenbosch and had a beer with Al at Trumpet Tree, Balboa.
- Wednesday, woke up in Stellenbosch, office, Octotel automation systems meeting, smoothie walk with Heleen, more contract editing, haircut at Wim Coiffeur, pizza with Nick and Georg at Col’caccios – good pizza – somehow Georg talked me into going to Up The Creek – with Nick and Michel’s tickets – after Nick hurt his knee and some other unlucky events, phone chat with Mia, podcast drive to Stellenbosch, 12h sleep.
- Thursday, worked in Stellenbosch for a while – and started wrapping my head around this Up The Creek business, work, took my Apple watch for a first swim, watched Mia’s swimming training, early supper at W Cafe, a beer at Stellenbosch Square, sunset podcast walk around the De Zalze vineyards, photo processing, in bed early.
- Calm is a superpower.
- Friday, up at 5:00, podcast drive to Cape Town, Heleen made pancakes, office, fetched Georg, road trip to Swellendam, rainy and wet Up The Creek Friday night adventure, lots of barefoot muddy puddle navigation.
- Saturday, glamping breakfast, swim, lilos on the river, chilled afternoon, listened to a few good acts, Jack Parrow was good fun.
“Relax, nothing is under control.”
- Sunday, glamping breakfast, listened to a pretty cool jazz act, packed up, dropped Georg off in Rooiels, back to Stellenbosch, a beer with Al and Paul at Stellenbosch Kitchen, Balboa, watched the end of Gladiator, time well spent.
- Up the Creek was good fun, thanks Georg!
“Al says he’s not in the mood for Trumpet.” – “Waaait, come again?” — Paul
- Mia’s nippers competition results: Beach Sprint 3rd, Board Race 7th, Surf Swim 4th.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.