Cricket, Kirstenbosch and Dvorak…
- Week of 6-12 Feb.
- Health week 1/3, mostly.
- Monday, school run while listening to a health podcast, worked at the Spur and had some eggs, gym, podcast drive to the office, catch up chat with Joseph at Shift Espresso Bar, back to the office, supper at La Vie with Wouter to return his SSD and fetch my copy of Tools of Titans – Wouter’s review of Littlegig was rather amusing, podcast drive to Stellenbosch.
“The best way to complain is to make things.” — James Murphy
“The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment.” — Warren G. Bennis
- Enjoying the Apple Watch. I logged 70k steps this week.
- Tuesday, backups – for the first time in too long, podcast drive to the office, watched the SA vs Sri Lanka cricket in Newlands with Al, Tom, Thys and Ter – good fun, thanks Al! – my first live cricket event, after dark promenade walk with Heleen – I thought I made a pretty compelling argument for breaking up with her, but she was having none of that.
“When do you get to that point where enough is enough?” — from The Mexican
- Wednesday, woke up in Sea Point, swim, 99percentinvisible podcast walk, office, supplement shopping, found some Resveratrol, smoothie walk with Heleen, watched Mia’s athletics – she came 4th in the 1200m, some notes processing between watching events, took my 200mm lens and played photographer, sunset supper at Giovanni’s at Eikendal with Mia – good meal.
“The city is a thing of the past.”
- You know you are a podcast nerd when you see notification of new 99pi show and your day is made.
- Mia tells me her school is starting to teach her touch typing… but, they don’t want to let her learn Dvorak. Hmm. I emailed the head master. Let’s see.
- Thursday, school run, catch up chat with JD – he has an interesting business idea, gym, podcast drive to Cape Town, Sababa lunch with Heleen, tried to help Zane with some advice at Knead, after work podcast promenade walk, dinner at Taverna Mykonos with Heleen followed by a very tasty tiramisu at Posticino.
- Who wears these skinny cut trousers? I tried to get into a pair at Woolworths. Pfft.
- Seems I managed to convince Mia’s school to let her learn Dvorak.
“Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” — John D. Rockefeller
“Make good art. Have big goals.”
“Love is the warmest colour.” — Alt-J
- Friday, swim, office, dev meeting, dentist visit – always nice to get a clean and polish, late lunch at Melissa’s in Stellenbosch with Heleen and worked a bit – ladies of leisure style, Balboa, drove to Jonkershoek – nice drive, dinner at Wijnhuis with Heleen.
- Octotel has around 300 live apartment buildings now.
- Saturday, breakfast at Ya Ya with Heleen, epic 3 hour nap, gym, swim, phone chat with Mia, pizza dinner with Heleen at the Stellenbosch Col’caccios.
- Sunday, I had the best intentions to go swim the Bridge House Mile, but they closed the entries the day before the race, so I chilled around the house, took a nap, swim, steam bath, cold showers, drove to Paul’s house, we met up with Hanno for some picnic shopping, watched Dan Patlansky at Kirstenbosch with Paul, Hanno, Heleen, Philippa, Matt, Jacques and Marietjie – good fun – Jacques played with the portrait mode of his new iPhone7 Plus – seems to work well, that vanilla mascarpone and fig snack was amazing – time well spent.
- Tune of the week: Alt-J – The Gospel of John Hurt.
- …and, we’re up to date with the weekly posts again. Phew.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.