When in Stellenbosch, taste wine, relentlessly…
- Week of 20-26 February.
- Health week 3/3, not really.
- Monday, made Mia some breakfast with coconut flakes, school run, gym, podcast drive to the office, late afternoon promenade walk.
- Good podcast: David DHH Heinemeier Hansson – The Power of Being Outspoken
- Chase flow and tranquillity.
- Cool podcast on anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Tuesday, up early, podcast drive to gym, swim, protein flapjacks with Heleen, office, ISP onboarding process meeting.
- One thing I would definitely change if I had to grow up again… start doing squats earlier. Squats and nerdy health podcasts.
“Harry Burns: The fact that you’re not answering leads me to believe you’re either (a) not at home, (b) home but don’t want to talk to me, or (c) home, desperately want to talk to me, but trapped under something heavy. If it’s either (a) or (c), please call me back.” — When Harry Met Sally
- Nice read: You can’t expect to start something new without letting go something old.
- I’m starting to think I should try going on a silent meditation retreat.
- Wednesday, podcast drive to Cape Town, swim (300 vitality points), office, document writing day, Silicon Cape EdTech meetup, time not so well spent.
- The curse of being busy. Common theme.
- Thursday, extra protein banting ice cream for breakfast, work, gym, work, Launch Lab, Rustenberg – old favourite, Trumpet Tree for some contract editing, Balboa, Paul showded up and somehow we ended up in the apartment of the ice cream maker: Janine.
- What do I spend a silly amount of money or time on? How can I scratch my own itch? Hmm… health hacking and podcasts.
- Friday, some wise guy wheel clamped me for parking on bay 62 not 64 – joy – honest mistake, podcast drive to the office, dev meeting, breakfast for lunch at Knead – somewhat awkward encounter, pre wine festival nap, fun evening at the Stellenbosch Wine Festival with Paul, Hanno, JD and Hannes, time well spent – I think I managed to taste every Chardonnay available, 11h sleep.
- Safety third.
“Luxury is feeling unrushed.”
- Relationships ending is never fun. Nagging sense of loss.
“Everything ends badly, otherwise it wouldn’t end.” — Cocktail
- Death, sex and money: Cut Loose.
- I get the sense the next while is going to be more productive.
- Saturday, swim, steam bath, cold showers, Constantia Fresh at Buitenverwachting with Paul, Karisa, Darryn and Friederike, Peddlars, fun afternoon, 3rd day of wine tasting in a row, great wine and delicious food – I think this was my 4th Constantia Fresh.
- Paul and I have been pondering an offline dating app for AfrikaBurn… how to find people you randomly met on some adventure, but forgot their names.
- Sunday, somehow we were sensible enough to not go to Masqued Ball this year, brunch at Basic Bistro (again) with some notes and photo processing, epic nap, swim, watched Trainspotting 2 – somewhat uncomfortable to watch at times, but good, phone chat with Mia before her big gala.
- Very cool podcast: The Future of Personalized Medicine, listen to this gem at 1.2x speed with silence trimmed.
- Also a good podcast: CRISPR
- Greatest invention since sliced bread must be spray plaster. Get some.
- Nice read:The day I became a millionaire
- Note to self: eat more blueberries, go for a weekly walk in nature, start doing a monthly short fast – maybe two days.
- Treat your life like a search function.
Have a fun week, crazy kids. Stay humble, stay curious, stay smart.