I’ve been blogging more, not sure why…
- Week of 19-25 June.
- Monday, office, cold and rainy day, promenade walk with Kirsty, wrote a blog post about why you must listen to podcasts, sunset promenade walk, pizza special at La Vie with Paul.
“Ideas are always at war.” — JP, listen to the 2nd Joe Rogan interview with Jordan Peterson.
- After listening to Joe Rogan I just want to do yoga.
- Joe Rogan gets 120mil downloads/m. Wow.
- Tuesday, podcast walk to the office, Sababa lunch, played with Django admin-interface themes, sunset walk home, some reading and researched an FRR topic.
“You can’t be a good person until you understand your capacity for evil. The morality comes when you are a monster and you can control it.” — JP
- Love how Sivers talks about designing and building your own little world. Makes it fun.
- Creativity is the most important thing. No adventure is. No…
- Quick reminder than we are / have been living in the best time in history.
- Wednesday, office, MWEB meeting, put on my Hugo Boss corduroy jacket (for the professor look) and took an Uber ride to the Old Mutual Trophy Wines Masterclass presented by Michael Fridjhon on the 28th floor of the Portside building – rad venue, fun evening with Paul, Hanno and Danielle, cool tasting, loved the Verdelho, time well spent.
“Don’t be late please.” — Paul, about the wine function. Very amusing.
- Winter solstice. Hello summer.
- The Shackles of Marriage.
- Thursday, office, catch up with Dave at Knead, upgraded seven WordPress installs to 4.8, catch up with Warwick and Giles in Obs, researched CI tools – GitLab seems cool, DevOps meetup at 22 Seven’s office – interesting talk involving SaltStack, phone chat with Mia.
- I think I’m turning into a NetDevOps nerd… or, maybe just rediscovering my nerdiness.
- Funny how quickly your life can go from lots of driving every day – to pretty much not using your car.
- Friday, office, dev meeting, fetched Mia, afternoon and pizza making at Dirk’s, 11h sleep.
- Saturday, watched Get Me Roger Stone, Mia watched Man of Steel, great breakfast and a backgammon game at CaffeNeo, a walk around Green Point Park, we watched Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar’s Revenge at the Waterfront – entertaining, gelato, sunset walk along the Waterfront shoreline, dinner at Tashas, we watched Zoolander – Mia loved it, time well spent.
- Lazy: responding to SMS messages by typing a note which syncs to your phone and then cut-and-pasting it.
- Sunday, watched some Supergirl on Netflix (a bit like The Devil Wears Prada meets Spiderman), Mia finished a 3D puzzle a few times, wrote a blog post about why you must use 24h time, Hout Bay Market with Mia, a walk around the harbour, gelato, Glen Beach and a walk around Camps Bay beach, sunset promenade walk, we watched Ferris Bueller’s Day Off again while I wrote a blog post related to a chat I had with Mia earlier in the day about why universal basic income is not such a great idea, time well spent.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.