Winter and hibernating…
- Week of 26 June to 2 July.
- Health week, getting back to gym.
- Monday, school run – listening to Wow in the World podcast with Mia – not bad, gym, office, bit of a debate about my recent blog post on geeklist, sunset promenade catch-up walk with Nick – bumped into Heleen, La Vie dinner with Georg and Heleen.
- Derek Sivers on parenting.
- My loss.
- Tuesday, office, dev meeting, promenade walk with Heleen, gym, swim, Myog with Michael, sunset promenade walk, did some reading about Docker and Moby Project.
“Work ethic, taste, integrity, curiosity.”
- How to Pick Your Life Partner – Part 2.
- Wednesday, gym, swim, Heleen visit, office, supplement shopping, Museum night at the Waterfront and a visit to the underwater photography exhibition with Kirsty, Moules Marinieres and a Rustenberg Bordeaux red at Den Anker, fun evening.
- Thursday, did some reading about Proof of Work vs Proof of Stake blockchains, office, catch up tea at Blue Cafe with Michel, nap, dinner and Evita Bezuidenhout show at the Theatre On The Bay with Georg and Heleen – good show, very funny.
- With no power…
- Stating the obvious, but you really want to position yourself to benefit from technology improvements. Lots of people don’t.
- Friday, office, dev meeting, fetched Mia – start of the school holidays, the usual biltong shopping, pizza and red wine at Piza e Vino with Dirk and Dave, sunset promenade walk with Mia.
- There is no such thing as free will.
- Saturday, matcha flapjacks at gym, squats, swim with Mia, epic lunch and some Glen Carlou Charonnay at the Camps Bay Retreat with Mia, Georg and Kirsty, Glen Beach walk with Mia, La Vie with Jonathan – chats about blockchains and antenna designs.
- Sunday, up fairly early, tinkered with a WordPress site, brunch with Mia, Wouter and Zander at Clark’s – good value, good vibe, rainy promenade walk with Mia, watched Despicable Me 3 3D at the Waterfront with Mia and Heleen, a visit to Dennis and Hugo’s house, early supper at Melissa’s / Mantra Cafe in Camps Bay – good food, watched Jack the Giant Slayer with Mia – not bad, watched more Full House, time well spent.
“Let the bad times roll.” — Despicable Me 3
- Tune of the week: Fleetwood Mac – Seven Wonders
Have a fun week, crazy kids.