Pro dog walker, house sitter and podcast listener…
- Week of 3-9 July.
- Birthday week. Holiday week with Mia. Cooked a few roasts.
- Monday, I made Mia some tea, breakfast and vitamins, Mia watched MIB2, backups, protein flapjacks, walked to gym, swim, Green Point Park walk, sunset Glen Beach and Camps Bay walk with Mia and Heleen, supper at Col’caccios with a nice Tokara Chardonnay, house sitting in Bakoven.
- I’ve discovered some limitations with my Truman Show blogging.
- Tuesday, my birthday, chilled morning, Mia watched Titan AE, omelette at Bootleggers in Bakoven with Mia, a walk around Beta Beach, spent some time just lying on our backs on the big Bakoven rock in the winter sun, Little Beta Beach visit, Mia and I had our hair cut at Wim Coiffeur – birthday haircut – always a good idea – Mia enjoyed it, took Romeo for a walk (the dog) – 2x up and down Camps Bay beach, some birthday bubbly with Heleen and Paul, birthday dinner at Hussar Camps Bay with Georg, Paul, Mia and Heleen, epic wines, cake (which Heleen baked) and Talisker, awesome evening, thank you, time well spent.
“Feeling sleepy, full of wine. Fall in bed, just in time.” — The Lightning Seeds – Perfect.
“Author Chuck Palahniuk first came up with the idea for the novel after being beaten up on a camping trip when he complained to some nearby campers about the noise of their radio. When he returned to work, he was fascinated to find that nobody would mention or acknowledge his injuries, instead saying such commonplace things as “How was your weekend?” Palahniuk concluded that the reason people reacted this way was because if they asked him what had happened, a degree of personal interaction would be necessary, and his workmates simply didn’t care enough to connect with him on a personal level. It was his fascination with this societal ‘blocking’ which became the foundation for the novel.”
- We’re making pretty good progress with Mia’s geeky movies education project.
- Wednesday, took a day off (and offline), cake for breakfast, watched The Devil Wears Prada with Mia, coffee with Paul, photo processing and caught up on some Pocket reading, nap, Mia watched Mimic, we took the dog for a walk on Llandudno beach – nice sunset, food shopping in Hout Bay, I cooked a roast chicken for Mia and Heleen, last of the cake for dessert, time well spent.
“Jesus in jou hart en Jordan Peterson in jou ore.” — Jacques
- Thursday, we made a new Octotel app live – ISP portal, breakfast with Mia, I sent Paul a Pocket Casts app for his birthday, worked a bit in Sea Point, introduced Mia to Sababa lunches, catch up with Dan, quick catch up with Heleen, a smoothie at gym with Mia, food shopping in Camps Bay – I’m getting into this cooking thing, walked the dog around the neighbourhood, photo processing, epic sunset with some pink bubbly, I cooked a lamb and veggie roast for Mia and Georg, Talisker and dark chocolate.
“Truth peddling is dangerous business.” — Jacques
- I’ve rediscovered Hacker News. Trouble. Thanks Johann.
- Friday, I made breakfast for Mia, the dog and the cat while Mia watched Short Circuit, Hout Bay beach walk with Mia and the dog, early fish and calamari supper at Dunes (dog friendly), watched a bit of the last Terminator movie, Paul’s birthday dinner at Yuzu – Kloof Street – nice chats with Philippa – I introduced her to Jordan Peterson.
- Saturday, WordPress site tinkering while watching Beverly Hills Cop 2, Camps Bay shopping, I cooked a chicken and veggies roast for Mia and Heleen, lazy day, we watched The Big Short – very good.
- I keep thinking: there is no such thing as free will. Everybody is just a function of their nature and brain chemistry. Moist robots trying to understand their code.
“The truth is like poetry – and most people fucking hate poetry.” – Overheard in a Washington D.C. bar by Michael Lewis, author of The Big Short.
- 20 ways to turn your life into a Wes Anderson movie. No 5 is funny.
- Sunday, rainy morning, braai at Jacques’ – we took Romeo along to play with Jacques’ dogs – which worked well – he was nice and tired later that evening, Jacques gave me a chilli plant, watched Ghostbusters (2016) with Mia, in bed early, babies don’t sleep this well.
- Since it was my 40th birthday this week, I’ve been working on a list of notes for a blog post, some life wisdom kinda things: Advice I would give my 30yo self. Should be out soon.
- The album of the week should probably be by James Blunt – because the car we drive the dog around with only has one CD in it, but…
- Tune of the week: The Lightning Seeds – Perfect
Have a fun week, crazy kids.