Hugs, hugs, hugs…
- Week of 31 July to 6 August.
- This blog post is pretty short again.
- Monday, Mia was still sick so I let her finish watching The Dark Knight Rises while working from home, brunch at CaffeNeo with Heleen, dropped Mia off at her gran’s house – chats about multiplying skills, worked at Waterstone, sunset glass of wine on Clifton 2st with Heleen, Nuri sushi in Sea Point, watched The Breakfast Club – good movie, had not seen it in ages.
- Tuesday, office, stayed at the office fairly late, dinner at El Burro with Jess, Max, Amanda and Heleen – Techstars London catch up, some tinkering with a logo over a Jamey.
- I’m tying to get Heleen, Michael, Dave and Jacques to learn Django.
- You really have to enjoy learning to keep up with the pace of technology.
- Wednesday, walked to the office, Sababa lunch, stayed at the office fairly late, finished a WordPress project, supper at Soju Korean restaurant – very good.
- Listen to Tom’s podcast, first episode is out. I liked the idea of setting macro goals.
- Thursday, office, sunset promenade walk with Paul, dinner at Dennis and Hugo’s house with Heleen and Georg, fun evening, thanks!
- I think I’ve inspired Jonathan to play with fasting and ketosis.
- Friday, office, catch up with Greg at Bootleggers, after work beers at the office, sunset promenade walk with Heleen, dinner at The Duchess of Wisbeach with Georg, Sonja and Heleen – very good, The Creamery, a white russian at Harvey’s, time well spent.
“Could you just put the rest of this conversation in a podcast?” — Georg about active wear.
- Saturday, photo processing and backups, nap, promenade walk, Green Point park, watched The Interview again with Heleen.
- Good read: 4 rituals that will make you happy. 1) Gratitude. 2) Label negative emotions. 3) Make decisions – even if they are not perfect. 4) Hugs, hugs, hugs.
- This Guy Is Launching 12 Startups in 12 Months
- Sunday, lazy morning, Hout Bay market with Heleen – try the zoop soup, Glen Beach walk, nap, I made a salad and had some Chardonnay, in bed early.
- Tune of the week: Cigarettes After Sex – Nothing’s Gonna Hurt You Baby
Have a fun week, crazy kids.