Wack yak wack…
- Week of 21 to 27 August.
- Week two without coffee or gluten.
- Monday, office, catch up with Dave, wrote a newsletter, walked to gym, general tinkering with a WordPress site.
- Tuesday, walked to the office, egg breakfast for lunch, had a salad at Hail Pizza with Wouter and a group of Dutch friends, jazz night at Hank’s Olde Irish and a Gentleman Jack Old Fashioned – very cool music and venue, time well spent.
- I’ve been playing with Sketch. My inner designer likes it.
- Wednesday, Octotel shareholder meeting, doctor visit, fetched Heleen from the airport, a short promenade walk, early supper at Mantra Cafe in Camps Bay with Heleen, somebody broke into our flat and stole Mia’s Macbook Pro, my 5DmkII camera with two L-series lenses, iPad and a Kindle… eek.
- Pro tip: just locking your door with a single latch lock is not enough.
- Sad to lose all those things, but I have to admit – I did not really use them very often.
- I cancelled my Silo VA gym membership. Yes, because they will not switch the sauna on.
“We like to hang out with people who get our jokes.” — from a Sam Harris podcast
- Thursday, walked to the office, catch up with Greg, Vox meeting, a walk around the bottom of Lions Head from the top of Fresnaye with Heleen, nice sunset.
- I suspect I’m a master yak shaver.
- We submitted a Flow Farms pitch video for the WeWork Creators Awards this week.
- Friday, promenade walk with Heleen, office, suggested some yak shaving options for Michael, got a quote on a list of blood tests, smoothie with Heleen, watched Mia’s hockey match, sunset promenade walk, La Vie with Heleen, Micah, Nadia and Mia.
- Our little health hacking group has been more active. Jacques seems to be getting busy.
- Saturday, woke up at 5:30, photo processing, Granger Bay market with Mia and Heleen, shopping with Mia, dog walking around Green Point Park, Kloof Corner hike and sunset Chardonnay with Heleen, Butcher Shop and Grill in Mouille Point – good ribs, time well spent.
- Chia and collagen. Breakfast of champions.
- Sunday, woke up at 6:15, drove to Stellenbosch, Jonkershoek tweede waterval hike with Heleen and Mia – very cool, dropped Mia off, had some fish at The Thirsty Oyster in Gordons Bay, nap, La Vie with Georg, Melvi and Heleen, perfect weather, time well spent.
- Note to self: go on more hikes.
“Smells like memory eraser to me.” — Melvi, about tequila.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.