Turmeric vegan ice cream and creative vs technical…
- Week of 11-17 September.
- Monday, up way too early, published my weekly blog post, school run, Waterstone gym, biltong shopping, catch up with Gavin, vegan smoothie with Heleen in Woodstock, office, sunset promenade walk with Heleen, Shawarma Express, general project tinkering.
- Tuesday, walked to the office, fetched a new bank card, Knead omelette for lunch, Myog with Michael and a chat about lifelong learning, investigated our home free wifi hobby project – seems to be going well, sunset promenade walk, watched the Apple event, made an About page for the Jolp website.
- Wednesday, car shopping at VW and Honda – cars are crazy expensive now it seems, catch up with Sarah at Workshop 17, vegan ice cream at Unframed – very good, office, promenade walk, short nap, sushi at Codfather with Georg, a Belvedere martini at Harveys.
- On being a resilient person
- Transcending Time – Interstellar’s Hidden Meaning Behind Love and Time
“It seems that the only thing we can do is to commit to memory all that will be lost, be it the sounds of earth in deep space or the testimonies of our lives and in doing so keep pushing the boundaries of this strange dimension.”
- Thursday, walked to the office, tea with Michael, Sababa lunch with Heleen, Vodacom meeting, burger in a bowl at Da Vinci’s with Heleen, turmeric latte vegan ice cream at Unframed in Kloof street.
- New Age Bullshit Generator
- The Food Pyramid. Energy equilibrium. Run more. Low fat diet. Cholesterol causes heart disease. Santa. The Easter Bunny.
- Friday, walked to the office, dev meeting, catch up with Dave, dinner at He Sheng Chinese restaurant with Heleen – good value.
- Saturday, did a Sketch tutorial, breakfast and rugby at La Vie with Heleen, Cape Town G&T, more Sketch learning – watched about 20 treehouse videos, made a fox logo.
- Happiness is… getting things done without it feeling like work.
- You are either creative or technical, right? Turns out IQ is an intelligence factor made up of a number of elements: verbal comprehension, abstract reasoning and induction, maths and memory, spacial visualisation etc. But, it’s not a trade-off. If you are good one you are good at the others – if you have an above average IQ – that’s how they came up with the idea of IQ. You are creative and technical. Interesting to understand in the times of DevOps and Full Stack developer thinking.
- Sunday, up early, bit of a design workshop with Jonathan, we went to the finish of the Cape Town marathon in Green Point, managed to get a photo of Heleen finishing the 42km race, extended afternoon beach session on Clifton 1st with Cath, Heleen and Georg, supper at La Vie, fell in bed just in time, time well spent.
- Support your local tech startup – week 3… please go Like and Follow a project called Atlas.
- It’s been a while since I found a song to add to the blog. Hmm. I might be listening to too many podcasts.
- I’m still avoiding gluten and coffee. Think I might just stick with this plan.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.