Something from nothing…
- Week of 18-24 September.
- Monday, woke up in a bed full of sea sand, wrote my weekly blog post, walked to the office, dev catch up, worked fairly late.
- I made an About page for the Flow Farms site.
- Tuesday, gym, office, catch up with Michael, processed about 60 backlogged emails, Village Idiot with Ian, Jonathan and Jim – and some interesting stories of the early Cisco days, Jolp tinkering with Heleen.
“Your potential, the absolute best you’re capable of, that’s the metric to measure yourself against. Your standards are. Winning is not enough. People can get lucky and win. People can be assholes and win. Anyone can win. But not everyone is the best possible version of themselves.” — Ryan Holiday
- Wednesday, up way too early, logo tinkering, iOS and watchOS upgrade day, backups, Audi visit, office, Sababa lunch, sunset promenade walk with Heleen, burger in a bowl at Da Vinci’s, set up a WordPress site far a new project: Snap Studio.
- Thursday, morning in Somerset West, lunch in Woodstock with Heleen, Toyota dealer visit, logo tinkering, quick nap, Roast & Co launch party in Heritage Square with Paul, good fun.
- Friday, walked to the office, dev meeting, fetched Mia, visited Dirk in Stellenbosch, sunset promenade walk with Mia, took Mia for a ribeye steak at Hussar – interesting dinner chats, ice cream at The Creamery.
- Saturday, epic paleo buffet breakfast at the Winchester Mansions with Mia, Wouter and Zander – with some Miss Molly, Mia got a replacement bank card, promenade walk, backups and upgraded Mia’s phone, watched A Hand Full of Keys at The Theatre on the Bay with Mia and Heleen – good show, rice-free sushi at Nuri, time well spent.
- I seem to have a keen interest is graphic design and vector drawing tools recently.
- Sunday, some Sketch tinkering – Mia added some design ideas, breakfast at Jarryd’s with Mia and Wouter – I figured Mia deserved some banana bread waffles after her four A’s in the recent test week, we watched The Dark Tower at the Waterfront – very entertaining, lazy afternoon in the book shop, hake and calamari at Cape Town Fish Market, vegan ice cream, we baked gluten free cookies at Heleen’s (as an Afrikaans lesson for Mia).
- Calm, technical, relentlessly resourceful, infinite learners.
- We tweaked the Jolp website content. Thanks Cath.
- Support your local tech startup – week 4… please go Like and Follow and Follow a project called Snap Studio.
- Tunes of the week: The Killers, Wonderful Wonderful.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.