Bad with directions…
- Week of 25 September to 1 October.
- Monday, public holiday, rainy day, Mia and I made a list of all her swimming and athletics times and goals, I tweaked the Jolp website and Snap logo, WordPress upgrades, late lunch at La Vie with Mia, promenade walk, Mojo Market visit, we watched Bladerunner – because, well, the next one is coming out on 6 October, macOS upgrade day.
- The song Weightless by the Marconi Union, resulted in a 65% decrease in the participant’s overall anxiety. They also had a 35% reduction in their usual physiological resting rates. The song was specifically designed to induce a feeling of relaxation. The musicians teamed up with sound therapists to create the song. Listen to it.
- Tuesday, school run – listened to an interview about aquaponics, Waterstone gym, almond milk matcha latte, haircut at Yogi’s, Olami, office, walked home, shawarma plate for supper, read a bit about the YC application process, in bed early.
- Approach Technology Like the Amish
- I installed the Developer version of Firefox.
- Get comfortable being uncomfortable.
- Wednesday, wrote a nerdy bio, watched a Bladerunner prequel, walked to the office, eggs breakfast for lunch, catch up with Jonathan and Ian at Roxy’s and Maria’s, burger in a bowl, Wouter arrived home a day early from Joburg – we went for a drink at Yours Truly on Kloof, tuns out we needed to be at Your Truly on Loop – to watch some band with John, met this girl who had “fuck cops” tattooed on her leg, caught an Uber ride with a guy who was really into Dolly Parton (3 songs), arrived home and was really happy to smell the ocean.
- Blade Runner 2049 prequel.
- Zen and the art of urban farming. Paleo diet, blood biomarkers and real food you grow yourself.
- I think Douglas Adams was right – Earth is just an experiment. People are here to seek opportunities.
“The essence of creativity is fucking around.” — Tim Kreider
- I’ve been posting to Instagram fairly regularly, from my laptop. Remember, kids – the mobile app is evil.
- Children should sleep a lot.
- Thursday, up early, gym, office, catch up with Michael – chats about crypto tokens, registered a batch of co.za domains, quick nap, attended Heleen’s water project talk at the Patagonia shop around Shortmarket street – and a catch up with Pete, in bed early.
- I seem to have convinced Mia to read the Hackers book.
- Friday, walked to the office, fasted blood tests at Pathcare – 7 vials of blood later, dev meeting, lunch at La Perla with Patrik and Bengt, after work drinks on the roof, rice-free sushi at Nuri with Heleen – seems you have to carry around your own gluten-free soy sauce, watched Icarus on Netflix with some J&B Jet.
- I think my next startup, will be 10 startups. — Dec 2015
- Mia was rather unhappy that her Google Play Music trial ended.
- Saturday, backups, gym, road trip to Bettys with Heleen, braai with Cath, Robin and Heleen.
- I suspect I’m generally bad with directions.
- The beach house now has electricity :-/
- Anton is moving to Cape Town soon.
- Wouter is in Tokyo.
- Sunday, chilled breakfast with Cath and Heleen, road trip to Cape Town, Bloedlemoen G&Ts, watched the sunset on Clifton 2nd with Heleen, gluten free pizzas at Postecino’s, time well spent.
- Support your local tech startup – week 5… please go Like and Follow and Follow a project called More Life.
- Tune of the week: Radical Face, Welcome Home
Have a fun week, crazy kids.