Blade Runner, blood tests and BLE tags…
- Week of 2 to 8 October.
- 8 weeks — no coffee, no beer, no gluten.
- Monday, shrek tea, gym, walked to the office, fetched my blood test data — 28 test results, management meeting, promenade walk with Paul, dinner at La Vie, watched some Narcos with Paul and some J&B Jet.
- Seems at least 5 of my 28 blood results need some attention. Vit D is low. Track what you hack.
- Be present. Be curios.
- Tuesday, up early, wrote a blog post, office, tea with Michael, breakfast for lunch, promenade walk.
- The Importance of Staring Out Of The Window
- If you only listen to two podcasts: 99pi and Radiolab.
- Wednesday, shrek tea, gym, FTTH conference at CTICC, promenade walk.
- Thursday, office, catch up with Dirk in Stellenbosch, fetched Mia, we found Mia a shotput practice ball, sunset moonrise walk with Mia and Cath to the Waterfront, dinner at Tasha’s, gelato, played with Intergalactic fizzy bath balls at Lush, time well spent.
- Stating the obvious, but humans are deeply flawed.
- I made a macro plan for 2020 this week. 10 items. Pretty much just two months remaining of 2017!
- Friday, tea, backups, Mia finished watching Blade Runner, dentist visit with Mia — love that super clean teeth feeling, wine tasting and lunch at De Meye — excellent, bit of a rush to get to the IMAX movies on time, watched Blade Runner 2049 — good movie, go watch it — maybe not as good as the first one, but can’t fault it, sunset promenade walk with Mia, La Vie supper, watched Get Smart on Netflix, time well spent.
“Die verskil tussen mans en vrouens: ons vat nie alles so ernstig op nie.” — Dirk
- Be indifferent to things you can’t control.
- Been pondering rent-seeking capitalism vs productive capitalists.
- Saturday, Mia managed an 11h sleep, extended buffet breakfast at Winchester Mansions with some Miss Molly, swapped Mia’s bank card again — banks don’t seem to be able to do bank accounts for children very well, BIA machine, shopping for new swimming goggles for Mia, Dischem, promenade walk, chilled at home, watched the rugby at La Vie, watched Inception again.
- I bought Mia some protein powder last swimming season. She told me she finished it and she wanted some more, but this time she does not want the pure hippie whey, she wants something with a bit of flavouring. Cool. We get her some vanilla casein protein with as little weird ingredients as possible. Casein, because she’ll probably be drinking it before bed. With the protein tub comes a free shaker. Inside the shaker is a free tshirt. The curious part, is that this black tshirt, saying “100% FREAK” in yellow, fits her perfectly. How does a supplements company decide to ship small tshirts with their products? Surely their market is not 11yo girls.
- Mia is now… 11yo, 165cm, 56.9kg, 24.5kg muscle.
- A Five Minutes Guide to Better Typography. I have discovered the Em Dash!
- Sunday, woke up with the Gun Run coming past, last day of Mia’s school holiday, made Mia some breakfast, first nippers training of the season on Strand beach — a bit windy, worked at a cafe nearby that played lots of Tom Petty (RIP), fetched Mia, Waterfront to collect Mia’s 4th School for Good and Evil book order, we found Mia a new iPhone charging cable, chilled at home, Mia disappeared into her book, sunset promenade walk.
- I now have a Chipolo BLE tag keyring. Nice toy.
“If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.” — Dorothy Parker, Mia quoted this from a recent podcast we listened to.
- My ten year milestone of weekly blog posts is coming up this November.
- I’ve been using Simplenote app again — to collect blog notes, and keep blog notes out of my general notes.
- Support your local tech startup — week 6… go Follow a project called TooMuchWifi.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.