- Week of 6-12 November.
- Health week 1/4. Aiming for single digit body fat.
- Monday, grapefruit with Mia, school run, gym – 100kg bench ORM, office, late afternoon nap, Korean food and Soju at Galbi for Heleen’s birthday.
- Do low rows at gym.
- Interesting how everybody knows their fat percentage, but not their muscle percentage. I’m 47% muscle, if I trust the BIA machine.
- Tuesday, worked from home, haircut at Yogi’s, AfricaCom visit, La Vie with Heleen and Nadia, windy Seacom party at The Grand Beach.
On raising kids: Jeff and his wife let their kids use sharp knives since they were four and soon had them wielding power tools, because if they hurt themselves, they’d learn. Jeff says his wife’s perspective is “I’d much rather have a kid with nine fingers than a resourceless kid.”, “I multi-task serially.” — 15 life hacks from Jeff Bezos
- Pro tip: be afraid if your girlfriend starts talking about cutting her hair short.
- Wednesday, gym, AfricaCom visit, catch up with Dave, Cumulus Networks, Workonline yacht cruise from the Waterfront to Clifton with Ed, Ben and Nick – which was very cool, phone chat with Mia, Teraco Open Access party an the aquarium – which was painfully lame – had to leave.
- Nice read: I’m 32 and spent $200k on biohacking. Became calmer, thinner, extroverted, healthier & happier.
- Thursday, up early, walked to the office, sunset promenade walk, hacked some UI designs with Sketch and Zeplin.
- Hack yourself. Scale yourself. Be an engineer and an artist. Build creative teams.
- I feel much stronger after last three weeks of gym and health hacking. No such thing as free will. Productivity is brain chemistry.
- Friday, early Lions Head hike with Ian, office, dev meeting, mexican food with Paul at Fuego, gym, Clifton 2 walk with Wouter – interesting chats about datacentres, drinks with Georg and Al.
- Saturday, tinkered with Docker, walked over the road for a late lunch with Paul at La Vie – nice Oak Valley Chardonnay, epic nap, sunset podcast promenade walk, low carb ice cream, some reading about Kubernetes and Terraform.
“First will what is necessary, and then love what you will.”
- Listen to the Tim Ferriss interview with Tim O’Reilly.
- Sunday, grapefruit, tea, photo processing, backups, mobility routine, gym, cooked some broccoli, bottled some vitamins for the week, extended sunset podcast promenade walk, blogging, in bed early, reading, time well spent.
- Listen to: Grand Theft Life, With Tim Urban.
- I’ve been gluten-free for three months now, and coffee and beer. Need to get my blood data this coming week.
“You got the grace of the storm in the desert.” — The Killers
- Tune of the week: Some Kind of Love – The Killers
Have a fun week, crazy kids.