10 Years of Quick Updates, brain food and heavy machinery…
- Week of 20-26 November.
- Health week 3/4. Actually I took a bit of a break, because of some bio marker processing.
- Seems this past Sunday was the 10 year anniversary of my first Quick Update blog post, 20 November 2007. 10 years, 499 Quick Updates – I skipped a few week early on. In April 2016 I discovered Instagram, and started adding 10 photos per week to each post. Should have done that sooner.
- Monday, podcast listening school run, gym, catch up with Theo in Stellenbosch, office, I somehow discovered the Cavium ThunderX platform and had to nerd out on that for a while, a whisky at Harvey’s with Heleen.
- Some bio markers can be a bit demoralising. Make sure you want to know and hack them. The ones that change slowly or point to genetics are tricky. You can fix things like VitD, VitB and fat loss in 4 weeks, but connective tissue, muscle strength, cholesterol, testosterone seems to be a 90 day project, at the very least. My brazil nuts and B3 hack did not work. New plan next week.
- I think I need to get my Apo E genotype data.
- Tuesday, worked at home for a while, walked to the office, dev meeting, phone chat with Jonathan – the official start of a new project, lunchtime walk, cooked some broccoli with Heleen.
- Wednesday, walked to the office, new software release to test, phone chat with Jacques, post-sunset podcast promenade walk.
- Listen to Showcase.
- Thursday, office, showed somebody Jacques’ car, worked fairly late, watched Glazunov’s Violin Concerto at the Town Hall with Heleen – thanks for the tickets Georg.
“Better to look fit, than be fit.”
- Friday, gym and some stretching in the outdoor area, office, site survey and a meeting in Newlands, I introduced Dirk to Sababa lunches, Myog, after work drinks on the roof, took Heleen some flowers, kinda wanted to go to the beach but it was pretty windy, sunset drive with Heleen, ended up having some oysters at the Mojo Market – brain food, vodka grenadine shots at La Vie.
- 6 weeks of Vitality active rewards in a row.
- Can you squat with your heels together, and your heels on the ground, bum all the way down, and stay there for 30sec? Narrow stance squat, but feet touching.
- Saturday, slow morning, did some reading and hardware shopping, lunch at Harvey’s, Wine at The Winchester festival with Paul – fun afternoon – very good Oak Valley Chardonnay, La Vie.
- Sunday, lunch and more brain food at The Roundhouse with Heleen, we walked around the Volvo Ocean Race exhibition at the Waterfront and I completed the excavator race in 68 seconds – seems operating heavy machinery is fun, vegan ice cream, nap, watched Murder on the Orient Express at the Labia – perfect Labia movie, burger in a bowl at Da Vinci’s, time well spent.
- Tune of the week: Strobe – deadmau5, memories of 2010 days.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.