Ghee in my tea, and three Clifton sunsets…
- Week of 4 to 10 December.
- Monday, tea, backups, worked at home while Mia watched the first Lord of the Rings movie – not my idea, we found Mia some new shoes, podcast drive to drop Mia off at a friend’s party, found a 10m measuring tape for Mia’s shot put hobby, nap, cooked some broccoli and kefir shots with Heleen.
- Raise resourceful children.
“Stupid is normal.”
- Tuesday, gym, office, clicked around shipping tracking websites, showed somebody Jacques’ car, software testing, got some new GPON toys, found some ghee, Kauai Vitality voucher breakfast for supper (was out of ideas).
- I’m still on the 6g VitC per day plan. I think it might be working.
- Wednesday, office, Clifton 1st sunset with Georg, Dan and Heleen, quick promenade walk to get 10k steps.
- Listen to the The Polybius Conspiracy.
- How many companies could you still start, with the energy / health-span you have?
- One good reason for longevity… I figure it takes most people until around 35 to find and fix themselves.
- Thursday, ghee in my TiTea, gym, office, wrote a newsletter, Clifton 1st sunset with Georg, Cath and Heleen – great swimming water temperature, burger in a bowl at Da Vinci’s, vegan ice cream, in bed a bit late.
“Bitcoin isn’t a bubble. It’s the pin.” — Simon Dingle
- Friday, office, dev meeting, Jacques fetched a server, extended Clifton 1st visit with Georg, Cath and Heleen, stayed on the beach till well after dark, Mojo market, time well spent.
- Keep learning and researching. Things seem much less intimidating if you encounter them a 2nd time.
- Saturday, breakfast at La Vie, started a broccoli sprouting project with Heleen, lunch at Helemhuijs with Paul, Darryl and Felix – very good – have not seen Felix since aB 2015, walked around De Waterkant, wine tour with Heleen, drove to Beau Constantia – which was a bit lame, Buitenverwachting – which was very nice, Chapmans Peak Hotel visit, we made some gluten-free wraps, 11h sleep.
- Sunday, up early, gym, breakfast with Jacques at Harvest Cafe in Bo Kaap, we installed Debian 9.3 on a quad core Xeon server with 32GB memory – NVMe drives are crazy fast, braai with Wouter, Rene and Alex, fell asleep learning about SR-IOV.
- Page 701 is going to be exciting. Listen to the Tim Urban interview with Tim Ferriss.
- Tune of the week: The Killers – Run For Cover
Have a fun week, crazy kids.