- Week of 1-7 January.
- Yeah, this post is a bit late again, holiday time with Mia.
- Monday, breakfast in Pringle Bay, caught up with some photo processing and blogging, extended beach outing with Jacques, Mia and Charlotte, ice cream, braai, drove back to Cape Town.
“I don’t have a dog in this hunt.”
- Tuesday, tea, macro planning, backups, chia and fruit breakfast, Mia found the 16 Personalities test again and this time she’s an ENFP, used to be ESFJ, lunch at La Vie, tinkered with testpmd while Mia watched Spiderman 2, sunset promenade walk, had to replace the battery in my Chipolo BLE keyning sooner than I had hoped, watched Iron Man – reminder that engineering should be fun.
- Wednesday, Linux tinkering, Waterfront, Gibsons burger and a huge milkshake, we watched Daddy’s Home 2 – super fun movie, book shop – got Snow Crash for Mia, extended sunset promenade walk – good chats, bloody mary and a light supper at Lily’s, time well spent.
- Turns out Snow Crash is lame.
- I think I see some post-festive season fasting in my future.
- Pro tip: good week of the year to stock up on the big bottles of Body Shop shower gel.
- Thursday, omelette at Knead with Mia, BIA machine, got some caps for our kayak trip – I can’t seem to keep a cap for longer than 6 months, supplement shopping, Waterfront, Bang & Olufsen shop, Lindt shop, visited Wouter’s office – very impressive building, watched Hancock again, mini-nap, watched Evita / Lloyd Webber musical at Artscape with Mia, time well spent.
- The ability to create wealth is way more important than having money.
- Friday, up early, sea kayak tour with Mia – Mia took a swim half way – we saw some dolphins and sun fish – very good fun, Mia watched Iron Man 2, drove to Bettys, nice swim, sunset braai, sounds like Mia did well in a Settlers of Catan game.
- People should look after each other. Find your tribe.
- Saturday, beach, swim, nap, Kleinmond Harbour fish and salad supper with Cath and Mia, epic sunset, played Battleships against Mia.
“Nobody knows anything, including me.”
- Sunday, breakfast in Bettys, dropped Mia off at her mom’s house, tea with Dirk in Stellenbosch, extended podcast promenade walk.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.