Android ROM, Downsizing and video making…
- Week of 12-18 March.
- Monday, gym, office, I got an Android phone for testing the Jolp app, nap, post-sunset promenade walk.
- Tuesday, up early, misty morning, took a walk around the neighbourhood, Bootleggers, nagged Bienne to listen to two Radiolab podcasts, worked at home, extended sunset audiobook promenade walk.
- The adventure will provide.
- Wednesday, gym, office, dev meeting, omelette for lunch, watched Downsizing at the Waterfront VIP cinema with a Johnny Black – arrived exactly on time, after all the ads – interesting movie – bought some Sunbird Rooibos tea, helped Heleen with her Heavy Chef presentation making at La Vie – well, not sure I actually helped, but I had a White Russian.
- I think I’m finally happy with the Jolp website.
- Started taking Glucosamine. Seems like a good idea, so far.
- People who extend their fingers outward to scroll down on their laptop trackpads really need to ponder some basic ergonomics. Your screen is not your trackpad.
- Thursday, gym, work, tinkered with an Android phone custom ROM – installed the Jolp Android app, Heavy Chef at Workshop 17 – Heleen’s presentation went really well, Harvey’s, gluten free pizza.
- I installed LineageOS 14.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S3 (Android 7.1). Install KingoRoot Apk > Install TWRP app and flash new recovery image > copy lineageos.org and Open Gapps images to /sdcard with adb via USB cable – reboot with vol-up+home+power and install both. That only took me 2 hours to work out. Android is special.
- Jolp for Android is now available.
- You get what you celebrate.
- Friday, fetched Mia after her camp, afternoon at Dirk’s new house, 1kg ribs at Da Vinci’s with Mia, Moro gelato in Long Street, time well spent.
- The most important thing for startups: progress.
- Saturday, we walked to the Granger Bay market for breakfast, book shop – found Mia two books: Ready Player One and Atlas Shrugged (that should keep her busy), watched Black Panther at the VIP cinemas – it was okay, clothes shopping for Mia, sunset promenade walk with Mia, ribeye steaks at The Shop (used to be Buzbey).
- Sunday, fruit salad breakfast, backups, Mia played camera operator and we recorded a 1min Jolp video – featuring my retro ZX Spectrum tshirt from Camden Town, some iMovie tinkering, some website tweaks, some YC application editing, Glen Beach and Camps Bay beach walk with Mia – 10k steps, pizza at Col’caccio Camps Bay, Mia finished reading Ready Player One, productive Sunday, time well spent.
- We overestimate what we can accomplish short term, and we underestimate what we can accomplish long term.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.