Delete all the apps…
- Week of 19-25 March.
- Monday, podcast listening school run, gym, found my passport, office, a glass of wine at Michael’s, dinner with Dirk at Mykonos Taverna, more than one Johnny Black.
- Tuesday, walked to the office, Knead omelette, dev meeting, late afternoon nap, sunset promenade walk, phone chat with Mia, curry at 91 with Heleen, Harvey’s.
- Nikki launched a very good looking new gin.
- Wednesday, public holiday, lazy gym session, Clifton was a bit windy so spent some time on Moses Beach, sushi at Nuri.
- Would you date yourself?
- Thursday, major backups day, La Vie with Aiden and Bill, No Name bar with Aiden and Georg, Alexander Bar.
“I’ve hit the 100g sugar mark.” — Aiden, about his sugar sweet spot when going out.
- Friday, watched The Aviator again – good movie, watched Minority Report again, sunset walk, brain food and bubbly at the Mojo Market, watched Take Your Pills on Netflix.
- Video of Heleen’s Heavy Chef talk from last week.
- Two tricky questions from the YC application…
Please tell us about the time you most successfully hacked some (non-computer) system to your advantage?
Please tell us in one or two sentences about the most impressive thing other than this startup that you have built or achieved?
- Saturday, reading, nap, gym, sunset promenade walk, watched Enemy Mine (1985) again – I watched this more than once as a child, somebody must have had this on VHS tape at some point.
- a16z – Meaning in Products, Business, Life. The search for meaning. Curiosity creates meaning.
- Sunday, moar backups, exported 17k photos for Mia – all Mia’s photos from 2005 – she asked for photos on her laptop, gym, made a big bacon and eggs breakfast for lunch, afternoon franeuring walk through Green Point Park, flushed my Pocket reading queue (of 66 articles), sunset walk, zaatar humus shopping, blogging with a Singleton, time well spent.
- My full digital footprint from the last 20 years fits in just over 1TB… the stuff I care to keep, mostly photos and email backups.
- Podcast queue zero, audible zero, pocket zero.
- I deleted all the time wasting apps off my phone again – I pretty much just have my RSS and podcast app to keep me entertained now.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.