My hovercraft is full of eels…
- Week of 7-13 May.
- Monday, walked to the office, installed a few dev tools, late afternoon promenade walk with Nick, dinner with Heleen.
- Code founder-run calm companies.
- I’ve discovered take-away omelettes at Woolworths.
- Tuesday, work, gym, catch up with Jonathan, Anton’s house to fetch my wallet, Tuesday ribs special at Van Hunks with some white russians – dining alone again, La Vie with Heleen.
- I went three days without my wallet. Did not really miss it. Smartphones are pretty useful.
“Courage is a love affair with the unknown.” — Osho
- Protect the nerds
- My skeertuig is vol palings
- Wednesday, office, dev meeting, catch up with Nick and Michael at Bootleggers.
- I installed the Jolp app for two security guards this week.
- Thursday, gym, Green Point Park, office, sunset promenade walk, Mexican food at Heleen’s house.
- Placebo is the most powerful force in medicine.
- Friday, office, fetched Mia, biltong shopping, watched Avengers: Infinity War at the Waterfront VIP cinemas – nothing special, but the ending was a bit different, book shop, I convinced Mia to eat a salad at Col’caccios in Camps Bay.
- Listen to this a16z episode about education: The Case Against Education.
- In summary: we want vocational education with prestige. A bit like YC – prestige for hacker culture.
- Saturday, Granger Bay Market with Mia – less crowded than usual, a walk around the Waterfront, book shop, 50min Facetime Audio chat with Jacques, upgraded the home wifi and swapped out a hotspot, drove to Noordhoek via Chapmans, chicken + sundried tomato + avo pizza at The Red Herring – memories from having that there around 2003 with Ernst, night cap at Harvey’s while Mia shopped laptop covers on Amazon.
- How cool is that Buzz Lightyear Apple Watch face?
- Sunday, Mia managed a 12h sleep, notes and photo processing, tea and grapefruit, device backups, brunch at gym – gluten free flapjacks, grid area, great swim, Green Point Park, we watched The Dark Knight.
- Woke up from a dream with a Counting Crows song in my head.
- Tune of the week: Counting Crows – Round Here – I would link to the music video, but it seems super lame. The words of the song are much better imagined. (Side note: play Mr Jones at my funeral one day.)
Have a fun week, crazy kids.