IPv6, Solo, braai…
- Week of 21 to 28 May.
- Monday, rainy day, walked to the office, late afternoon nap, server tinkering, banting wraps.
- Started the week feeling somewhat inbox zero’ish, for a change.
“The more shots you take, the more shots you can take.”
- On the #DeleteFacebook topic. I also did not see any real dip in friend numbers, but also not seeing any growth in FB friends over the last few months. When last did you see a check-in? Much less photos on FB. I totally removed FB from my phone. No more mobile browser use. I also totally switched off the app platform features: Settings > Apps and websites > Off.
- Why You’re Wasting Your Life Away – Sam Harris
- Tuesday, office, dev workshop, improved my website backup script, pipe track walk with Nick, ribs special at Van Hunks with Georg and Anton – collagen meal, irish coffee at Harvey’s with Georg, tested the latest Jolp iOS app, watched The Secret of Monkey Island documentary – very cool.
- I’ve become a believer in eating lots of diverse foods. I also take a wide range of supplements twice a week.
- How I know I’ve had a sub-optimal week, I can’t add the “time well spent” flag to any day or I struggle to collect ten photos to post.
- Wednesday, I enabled IPv6 on a web server for the first time, gym, Cape Town winter special dinner at Srolla with Nick and Michael.
- IPv6 Excuse Bingo
- With IPv6 there are almost limitless IP addresses, at two to the power of 128 addresses: 340 trillion trillion trillion. From scarcity to abundance.
- Streetlight effect: A policeman sees a drunk man searching for something under a streetlight and asks what the drunk has lost. He says he lost his keys and they both look under the streetlight together. After a few minutes the policeman asks if he is sure he lost them here, and the drunk replies, no, and that he lost them in the park. The policeman asks why he is searching here, and the drunk replies, “this is where the light is”.
- I’ve been listening to The Obstacle is the Way. Pretty good.
- Thursday, office, lunchtime walk, newsletter writing, Fred’s book launch at Heavy Chef at Workshop 17 – well done Fred, late dinner at Ocean Basket with Heleen.
- Note to self: hang out with more cool smart people.
- Friday, work, gym, micro nap, sunset walk to the Waterfront with Heleen, fetched a copy of the Armada book for Mia, 2kg mussels at Den Anker – winter special.
- Saturday, up early, drove to Jacques’ house, we drove to Hermanus, watched Mia’s hockey tournament – they won the u13B league and received medals (she’s u12), family braai at Rossouw’s house.
- Sunday, Jacques’ dog woke me up – very cute, we watched Solo at the 3D IMAX – great movie, braai at Jacques’ house, we chased Jacques’ rabbits around the garden, Mia and I visited Moro in Long Street, time well spent.
- Tune of the week: A-Ha – I’ve Been Losing You
Have a fun week, crazy kids.