Cities suck, Wacky Wine, paleo breakfasts…
- Week of 28 May to 3 June.
- Monday, school run, work, Technopark visit, gym in Stellenboch, catch up with Alan, watched Deadpool 2 at the Waterfont VIP cinemas – it was okay’ish, in bed early, read Fred’s book.
- Learn + do + share = mastery.
- Start and build momentum.
- Tuesday, office, catch up with Rahul, breakfast for lunch at Knead, sunset pipe track walk with Heleen, ribs special at Van Hunks.
- Wednesday, office, dev meeting, lunchtime walk, mexican food for supper at the Mojo market, podcast walk home, watched a documentary video about Quake – I spent many hours playing Quake around 1997/98/99.
- Also, watch the one about Polybius.
- Cape Town dam levels seem to be up to around 25% again, but they need to be over 40% to get us through the next summer.
- RSS is cool, manipulated feeds are lame.
- Thursday, half price Bootleggers flat white, work, gym, catch up with Tyler at Newport, dinner at Heleen’s, heavy rain.
- Make things people want, and you do too.
- Only worry about things you can change.
- No Matjiesfontein adventure this year. FOMO level 5.5.
- Friday, work – some ISP onboarding, drove to Simonskloof Mountain Retreat with Heleen, some after dark dirt road navigating.
- Cities suck.
- Saturday, mega paleo breakfast, read Fred’s book, many cups of tea, super chilled day – no electricity, no phone signal, late afternoon braai, sunset farm walk, in bed early, 12h sleep.
- Sunday, mega paleo breakfast, tea and cake in Motagu, caught the tail end of the Wacky Wine Weekend, tasting at De Wetshof – tasted the oldest Chardonnay (block) in South Africa, late lunch at Van Loveren, drove back via Villiersdorp, Franschhoek pass lookout, drove to Cape Town, time well spent.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.