Incredibles, aspirin, sleep…
- Week of 25 June to 1 July.
- School holiday week with Mia.
- Monday, woke up in Bakoven, Sea Point visit, office, Mia and I took Romeo for a walk on Beta Beach, we watched Zootopia again – I was a bit sick and had a fever.
- I’ve been on a diet of aspirin, water, vitamin C and sleep.
- Tuesday, still sick and fragile, slept most of the morning, light lunch with Mia, took Romeo for a walk on Camps Bay beach with Mia and Nick, watched a bit of Netflix – Limitless series, not bad.
“All things being equal, people will do business with a friend; all things being unequal, people will still do business with a friend.” — Mark McCormack
- Wednesday, drove to Newlands, watched The Incredibles 2 at Cavendish with Mia – nice, but not as good as the first one, late fish and veg lunch at Mariners Wharf in Hout Bay, meeting at home.
- Yes, Slack is lame, stop using it.
- Thursday, tea and fruit salad with Mia, we took Romeo to explore Llundudno beach, work, cooked some veggies for supper, attempted to watch the Netflix Star Trek series – but it was super lame and Telkom internet was not making it any easier.
- Holy shit, Openserve fibre with Telkom internet is bad. Grinds to a halt from around 18:00. I knew it was not great, but this is special. Impressive how they can screw it up so badly.
- Bad iOS design: Portrait camera mode is between Photo and Square.
- Friday, rainy day, breakfast at Tashas with Mia, we had Mia’s eyes tested, dentist check up – clean and polish, Gardens Centre, catch up with Diabi, dinner with Jacques and Marietjie – I cooked two roast chickens, we played some Pictionary.
- Saturday, rainy day, brunch at Mantra Cafe in Camps Bay, chilled afternoon, hardware shopping, steak dinner at Hussar Camps Bay with Jacques and Marietjie, a Jamey with Jacques.
- Sunday, stormy weather, chilled day at home, ribs at Da Vinci’s with Mia, Moro gelato, we watched Top Gun, watched Blades of Glory, time well spent.
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.” — George Bernard Shaw
- Tune of the week: Here Comes my Baby – Cat Stevens
Have a fun week, crazy kids.