Birthdays, Stranger Things, pizza, and lots of beach walks…
- Week of 2 to 8 July.
- Monday, stormy day, work, Waterfront visit with Mia, late lunch Moules Marinieres mussels special at Den Anker with Mia, gelato, we took Romeo for a walk around Bakoven beach, watched Tali’s wedding with Mia, watched Star Trek again.
- Mia’s iPhone has been missing for five weeks. Seems it was in her mom’s car. I guess you car has to be properly disorganised, or you probably just don’t care enough to look.
- Tuesday, fed the dog and cat, breakfast with Mia, work, Hout Bay beach walk with Mia and Romeo, fish for supper at Dunes, Georg came to visit, watched Stranger Things on Netflix with Mia… pretty good.
- Wednesday, 4th of July – my birthday, tea and grapefruit, Mia made me a cool birthday card, watched the last Stranger Things S1 episode with Mia, BIA machine visit, Mexican food at the Mojo Market with Paul, Waterfront, Mia and I had our hair cut, I found some new Reef slops – for winters days – after a text message reminded me, Camps Bay Beach walk with Romeo, five course dinner at La Mouette with Georg and Mia, time well spent.
- Mia is now 169cm, 63kg, age 12. She seems to be growing at about 6cm per year. She’s planning to be taller than her mom by 2020, more sleeping.
- Thursday, up early, photo processing, work, while kinda watching Season 2 of Stranger Things with Mia, Camps Bay beach walk with Romeo, we took him along for pizza – outside balcony at Col’caccio’s, Georg and Christiana come over for a late dinner.
- Mia seems to really like Stranger Things. I figure it’s okay. I think all series are a waste of time.
- Friday, tea, grapefruit, we watched Ant-Man at the Waterfront VIP cinema with Mia – good fun, clothes shopping for Mia, drove to Somerset West, a juice at Fred & Max, dropped Mia off with her mom, podcast drive to the Gardens Centre, worked at home, nap, general tinkering, in bed early.
- We are clever, but not very wise.
- It’s been cool seeing Mia for two weeks.
- I’m way behind with podcasts.
- I’ve been listening to an unhealthy amount of Cat Stevens.
- Saturday, up early, general tinkering, Georg came to visit, took Romeo for a Camps Bay beach walk, salad at Col’caccio’s again – they seem pretty chilled about having dogs there, nap, drinks with Paul and Nicci, Paul’s birthday party at Clark’s in Bree Street.
- Sunday, chilled at home, figured I should learn how nftables works – it’s a bit nicer than iptables, took the dog for a walk on Camps Bay beach with Christiane and fetched some pizza, pizza with Paul, Nicci and Christiane.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.