I love sleeping…
- Week of 24-30 September.
- This post is a bit late.
- Monday, public holiday, packed up at Wolfkop, roadtrip with Paul, we stopped at our regular brunch spot – De Tol Padstal, Chardonnay on Paul’s lawn in Stellenbosch, pizza, NIN, watched Ray – good movie.
- Tuesday, rainy day, woke up Stellenbosch, omelette at Basic Bistro, dumped some camping gear in storage, macOS 10.4 upgrade day – pretty painless, seem that after being away for a few days it takes 1/2 a day to get everything checked, synced, processed, read, downloaded, backed up, charged, upgraded and published again, watched 13 Hours – good movie.
- I downloaded a podcast at Paul’s house on his 4 Mbps wireless link… we quickly forget how far we have come with fibre internet.
- Mojave dark mode takes some getting used to – the light borders are a bit odd and it’s strange if some parts are fully white while the rest is dark – like web browsing and mail. Aperture still works fine.
- I added 10 FB friends this week, but in general my FB friends number has not been growing for the last year or two… hmm, wonder if I’m less social these days.
- Wednesday, office, dev meeting, data fixing, Teraco tour, chateaubriand steak at Hussar Mouille Point.
- Thursday, office, dev meeting, data fixing, omelette for supper, podcast-nap, sunset podcast-walk, I’m behind with podcasts again.
- Friday, work, fetched Mia, brunch at Vergelegen – start of the school holidays tradition, Waterfront, we watched Johnny English Strikes Again – not bad, lupper at Seelan, Kea tinkering, OS upgraded for Mia’s devices.
- Brunch and lupper are the most important meals.
- Been pondering some learn-create-multiplication-skills projects with Mia.
“Speaking, writing, psychology, design, conversation, 2nd language, persuasion, programming, meditation/focus.” — the Multiplying skills
- Saturday, school holiday planning, gym – grid area – and swimming with Mia, fetched some keys, Blues and Chenin at Al’s event it Constantia, 4th annual Van Hunks potjiekos competition, Moro gelato, epic nap, watched The Greatest Showman – not bad for a musical.
- Kinda forgot to add this to last week’s post, but I had a nice chat with Ben Brown at Wolfkop.
- Sunday, we walked to La Perla, Campari for breakfast, great lunch, gelato, epic nap – kinda missed the beach mission plan, bubbly in Bakoven – looking after Romeo again, watched Mr Nobody on an Afrikaans ‘smart tv’ – odd movie.
- Campari beats Aperol.
- I think I value consistency, more than most people. But, in behaviour not thinking. We are too attached to what we believe. When last did you change your mind about something?
“As long as you don’t choose, everything remains possible.” — Mr Nobody
- Slept a lot this week. Feeling good. I love sleeping.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.