District 9 visit…
- Week of 26 November to 2 December.
- Monday, school run, gym, swim, sauna, keto breakfast, office, BIA machine visit, supplements shopping, swim, sauna, in bed early.
- Tuesday, work, gym, swim, sauna, keto breakfast, office, Nu, in bed early.
- We’re built for adventure not peace.
- Wednesday, up early, flight to Joburg – read a book about Salt, dropped our bags at the Raddisson, Vodacom meeting, Cool Ideas meeting, catch up with Roelf and the team at their rooftop bar, big steak dinner at The Bull Run with Scott, Rob and Rory.
- Thursday, Afrihost meeting, RocketNet meeting, hotel, burger at Craft in Parkhurst, watched the Guns n’ Roses concert with Trevor, Rob and Rory at the FNB Stadium (District 9 spaceship), big mission to find an Uber at 00:30 in JHB after a concert.
“Feed them some cat food.” — Michael
- Friday, breakfast with Ernst at Tasha’s – nice to catch up – chats about flow stacking, Buddhism, the subconscious mind, the IDW, epigenetics – seems we’ve been listening to similar books, flight to Cape Town, long podcast flaneuring walk to Camps Bay – walked around Mainens Cove, dinner at The Raj with Georg, drinks with Adrian.
- Saturday, managed to get a Salt python3 install working (but not with IPv6) – I can now do remote Debian package upgrades for a few VMs, afternoon on Clifton 1st, watched the original Girl with the Dragon Tattoo – good movie, 14 hour sleep.
- Sunday, worked at La Vie with some Bodzin, a bloody mary and chicken skewers, played with Docker and Django, watched some Hamiltons Pharmacopeia, nap, sunset podcast promenade walk, photo processing and blogging.
- Tune of the week: alt-J – Adeline – “A Tasmanian devil falls in love with a woman as he watches her swim. The song describes his feelings toward her as well as his realization that he cannot be with her.”
Have a fun week, crazy kids.