You may already be a member…
- Hello WordPress 5.0 – the new editor sucks for editing HTML.
- Week of 3-9 December.
- Monday, office, management meeting, data fixing, got some new gym gloves, podcast walk home, nap, sunset promenade walk, more tinkering with Docker and Django – managed to get Django running in a container on my Mac.
- Tuesday, work, gym, swim, sauna, Green Point Park walk, keto lunch, Rockpool, sunset podcast promenade walk, Hamiltons S2.
- Wednesday, walked to the office – but encountered some load shedding, joy, worked at Strolla, office, lots of email scrubbing, breakfast for supper, Campari at La Vie, podcast queue zero, long phone chat w Jacques in London.
- The story of Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac
- Thursday, work, gym, swim, sauna, caught the tail end of Cape Town Startup Week – VIP drinks at ICIC in Green Point, walked home, watched Jodorowsky’s Dune – good movie.
- CTSUW seems pretty cool. Fresh take on a mostly meh tech entrepreneur ecosystem, if you ask me.
“Have the greatest ambition possible, do it, try, if you fail, it’s not important.” — Alejandro Jodorowsky
- Friday, office, lunch at the Mojo Market, after work drinks in the office, extended nap, joined Paul and Nicci at the opening of new wine bar in Bree Street – I thought it was a bit average, drinks with Claus and Jani at House of Machines – they make a great Old Fashioned, quick Hanks visit.
- What happened to October and November?
“What is the purpose of life – well it’s an adventure.” — JP about the call to adventure
“Are you doing the most adventurous thing you can be doing?”
- If you listen to enough JP, all you hear is: meaning, responsibility and adventure.
“He doesn’t mid invading countries as long as tea time is at 16:30.” — Claus
- Learn, create, make notes.
- Do a small number of things with excellence.
- For all my anti Instagram Story ideas… I do actually watch two fairly regularly.
- Saturday, walked to the Waterfront with Paul, watched Bohemian Rhapsody at the VIP cinemas – great movie – go watch it, Belgium beer at Den Anker, afternoon of Elgin chardonnay and a good catch up with Paul, 13 hour sleep.
- Sunday, brunch at La Vie, nap, sunset promenade walk to the Mojo Market, almost finished Hamiltons S2.
- Tune of the week: Queen – I Want To Break Free
Have a fun week, crazy kids.