Relish the mayhem…
- Week of 21-27 January.
- Monday, some tinkering and an omelette at a coffee shop in St Georges Mall, took a blender for a service, haircut at Yogi’s, 2nd shower for the day – because it’s impossible to work after a fresh haircut, office, dev catch up, lunchtime walk, sunset walk, watched Fyre on Netflix – good doccie.
- Your “smart” TV is a feature TV. We don’t have smart TVs yet. Does it even support IPv6?
- Tuesday, up early, gym, swim, sauna, office, dev meeting, lunchtime walk, forgot my AirPods case – so ran out of battery – hmm, saganaki salad at Mykonos Taverna – always good.
- Radical centrism. Effective altruism.
- Wednesday, office, Sababa lunch, Campari at the Radisson in London Rd, curry at 91.
- Thursday, gym, swim, sauna, work, worked at Bootleggers, a beer at La Vie, late afternoon nap – which turned into a sleep and I woke up at some weird hour.
“You ain’t my friend, Palooka.” — Vincent
- Running with scissors vs running with chainsaws.
- Friday, office, dev catch up, fetched a blender, fetched Mia from school, late lunch at Vergelegen, drove to the Krystal Beach Hotel, supper at Ocean Basket in the harbour, Mia watched Star Trek Beyond.
- Saturday, woke up in Gordon’s Bay, 3 course hotel breakfast with Mia, I introduced Mia to A-ha, Somerset Mall – got Mia a new book, Rust en Vrede wine tasting, a cheese board at Simonsig with Paul and Estelle, checked into The Lord Charles, nap, swim, reading – caught up on my Pocket list, dropped Mia off at a party, watched a TED talk and a few other videos, fetched Mia.
- The Pocket app’s audio feature works well.
“Technologies needs to get to version 3.0”
- GenX, Millennial? “Meet the Perennials. We are ever-blooming, relevant people of all ages who live in the present time, know what’s happening in the world, stay current, and have friends of all ages. We get involved, stay curious, mentor others, are passionate, compassionate, creative, confident, collaborative, global-minded, risk takers who continue to push up against our growing edge. We comprise an inclusive, enduring mindset, not a divisive demographic.” tldr; smart and interesting.
- Which muppet decided there should be utf-8 quotation marks? Pretty left and right facing ones. I keep on having to change utf-8 quotes to ascii quotes. Fsck.
- Sunday, 3 course hotel breakfast, swim, device backups, I installed the Waking Up app for Mia, braai at Dirk’s house with Jacques, epic nap, time well spent.
- Losers have ringtones.
- Strange urge to make White Russians when walking around in hotel bathrobes.
- Pearl Jam – Black
Have a fun week, crazy kids.