- Week of 18-24 February.
- Monday, work, backups, walked to the office, dev catch up, pastrami bagel at Kleinsy’s, Milton visit, Nick visit.
- I remember now why I have an SSD backup drive, spinning drives are so slow.
- Triangles are my favourite shape.
- Tuesday, work, gym, swim, veggie fix at the vegan food place, work, sunset walk.
“The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind, the kind that blindside you at 4pm on some idle Tuesday.” — Baz Luhrmann – Everybody’s Free To Wear Sunscreen
- Wednesday, creative writing, office, lunchtime walk, long meeting.
- Listen to: Jim Collins — A Rare Interview with a Reclusive Polymath – I like his ideas about 1000 creative hours per year, and flywheels.
- Thursday, up early, breakfast at Fred&Max in Somerset West, Dirk visit – usual nerdy chats, work, a tank beer at Quay Four, watched Alita Battle Angel – pretty good.
- I listened to the two Derek Sivers interviews with Tim Ferriss again, time well spent.
- Friday, office, fetched Mia from school, Mia swam in 4 races at a gala at Bridge House, Wijnhuis supper – with some semifreddo and tiramisu, dropped Mia at a friend’s house, braai at MC’s in Mostertsdrift with Paul, Wilhelm and Erich.
- If things are not interesting, you are not paying attention.
“There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.” — Bruce Lee
- Saturday, woke up in Stellenbosch, walked around Mia’s school and fetched her, Bikini Beach visit with Jacques – great weather, calamari at the Gordons Bay Harbour, time well spent.
- Sunday, woke up at Jacques’ house, we gave his dog a bath, braai, beach walk from Glen Beach to Camps Bay and back with Mia, found some breakfast goodies, sunset walk, device upgrades and backups.
“We shall build good ships here; at a profit if we can, at a loss if we must, but always good ships.” — Collis Potter Huntington.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.