To a universe we choose…
- Week of 25 February to 3 March.
- Monday, breakfast with Mia, school run, work, gym, mediation session, brunch with Dirk at Fred&Max, haircut at Yogi’s – bumped into Anton at the barber shop, a beer at Van Hunks – nice to catch up with Anton, time well spent.
- Tuesday, long day – traversed the Boland (love) triangle, a walk around Stellenbosch with Alan, breakfast at The Millhouse Cafe – catch up with Parri, work, fetched Mia from school, took Mia for a quick tour of the herb farm at Allee Bleue, took Mia to a school open day, salads for supper, back to the open day, smoothies, dropped Mia off at her mom’s house, had a whisky with Wouter.
“Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” — Rob Siltanen, spotted on a wall on Tuesday
- Wednesday, Knead before-8am breakfast special, office, dev catch up, ramen for lunch, Octotel had a metro fibre break and some downtime fun and games, a beer on Michael’s roof.
- Note to self: use DuckDuckGo more.
- Thursday, work, walked to the office, worked a bit at La Vie, nap, general tinkering.
“All things being equal, people will do business with a friend; all things being unequal, people will still do business with a friend.” — Mark McCormack
- Friday, gym, swim, sauna, office, dev catch up, Mojo Market, a Hoegaarden at The Winchester, dinner at Carne on Kloof with Adrian Georg and Al, tiramisu, Clifton beach walk with Georg, time well spent.
- Saturday, podcast walk to the Granger bay market, Waterfront, Belgian beers and mussels at Den Anker while listening to some podcasts, watched Bohemian Rhapsody again at the VIP cinemas with a Jamey, epic nap, emmental snack and Bouchard Finlayson chard, a drink at Bao Down Restaurant in Oranjezicht, Peroxide 80s party at Wonderland with Kirsty and Rene, 12h sleep, time well spent.
- I discovered Conversations with Tyler. How did I not know about this earlier?
- I updated my Podcasts list.
- I’m still hopeful for my 2014 matchmaking project in the desert.
- Sunday, lazy day, watched Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets again with some Glen Carlou chard – because Luc Besson is cool, epic nap, sunset podcast walk, explored a Chinese restaurant down the road, watched Lost in Translation again – great movie, time well spent.
- Tune of the week: Another Universe – Arno Carstens
Have a fun week, crazy kids.