- Week of 25-31 March.
- Monday, rainy morning, work, Mia and I made omelettes, random email scrubbing, windy afternoon, book shop and food shopping at the Gardens Centre – to get Mia two new books, Mia and I cooked a roast chicken and veggies while watching Dirty Rotten Scoundrels – Steve Martin – great movie, we probably had more dark chocolate than was really necessary, time well spent.
- We made some progress with the Geeky movies for kids project.
- The Renegade Report was the beginning, now it’s moved out of the basement, it’s called The Capitalist Party.
- Tuesday, iOS and macOS upgrade day, Mia made breakfast, a swim at Wembley gym, sauna, smoothie, we took Romeo for a Pipe Track hike – he was pretty spent after that, I took Mia to Borrusos in Kenilworth – to experience their Pollodoro pizza with avo – I had not been there since maybe 2005/6 days, Moro gelato, time well spent.
- Enjoy the work. To be a good writer, first you must be the kind of person who enjoys writing.
- Wednesday, work, Mia managed a 15h sleep, food shopping in Gardens with Mia, we watched Logans Run, steak braai with Paul and Mia, time well spent, nice wines, braaibroodjies – good catch up – some AfrikaBurn conversations – probably not going.
- Thursday, random tinkering, catch up with Dennis and Hugo, lupper at El Burro with Mia – introduced Mia to enchiladas, semifreddo dessert at La Perla.
- La Perla has been there since 1969, 50 years. Impressive.
- Design your own Groundhog day. Have tea.
- Useful link to check your email gets delivered: Mail Tester – if you want to play with SPF, DKIM and DMARC.
- ‘I hope this lame-ass email fiends you well?’ – why do people put this in their emails?
- Friday, road trip to Grabouw with Mia, another birthday lunch for Mia at The Pool Room, nap, sunset walk around Gordon’s Bay, indian food starters selection at Indian Curry – introduced Mia to poppadoms and mint dip, watched some DStv movies – man, Blood Diamond is painful to watch.
- When will we reach peak-smartphone tech? Are we 95% there?
- Saturday, woke up at a guest house on Bikini Beach in Gordon’s Bay – 185 on Beach, breakfast overlooking the harbour, dropped Mia off at her gran’s house – after a long chat about how mobile phones work and some thermodynamics basics, home, nap, tinkered with a Debian install and EFI boot partitions, sunset podcast promenade walk, in bed early.
“The remaining 10% takes 90% of the time.”
- Mia turned 13. Time does not stand still.
- Sunday, tinkering, phone chat with Mia, gym, Green Point Park walk, more tinkering, sunset podcast promenade walk, watched some Netflix sci-fi.
- Tunes of the week: mostly Cat Stevens songs, again.
Have a fun week, crazy kids.